So which Gopher team will show up next week?

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
I have yet to figure this team out. Are these Gophers, the team that beat MSU? Are they the Gophers that nearly rallied to beat Illinois? Are they the Gophers that held PSU to 20 points and never got anything going offensively like today against SDSU. SDSU is not without talent but the Gophers decided to show up today and gutt out a victory with talent, certainly not effort. I hope the Seniors on this team did not want to represent there last game at home like this. I understand the boos for Weber as he has been as bad as bad does but the O-line was beyond miserable today. Who is teaching the assignments on the offensive line? I bet the previous coach is laughing at Brewster now. Who teaches the backs which blitzer to pick up? We have QB problems BUTWE REALLY, REALLY have offensive line problems inside. I know the left guard is a new starter but he get's beat a lot, so does the right tackle and so does the center. Even the Right guard who is probably the best player on the line get's beat? I doubt the Gophers have any chance of sniffing the Pig next week, but that depends on which Gopher team decides to show up. If Gray were so great he would have beat Weber out by now, Weber has played like ass all season with the exception of the MSU game. That coincidently was the game he got the most blocking from the O-line. Work on what we do well all next week and see if we can mix up the tempo and try to get some success, the O needs to have some success to get confidence.

I think it's fairly evident that after SDSU's defense destroyed our offense the whole game, we do not have one chance in the world. It's going to be embarrassing. I really do not know how to analyze our team anymore. I think what it comes down to is we just don't have enough "football" players on our team for one thing. Our recievers never make plays...running backs never make plays...offensive line never does anything...weber, no need to even go there etc, etc. When was the last time you told yourself over and over man he is one good player week in and week out.

I hope our red-shirt guys waiting in the wings and our younger guys waiting to step in can help out this issue but man, I just don't see it happening. Brewster just can't motivate our guys enough to go out and play with all there heart, and certainly can't coach them correctly. The list of things hurting our team is so long it is just impossible to pick a starting point.

Weber has played like ass all season with the exception of the MSU game. That coincidently was the game he got the most blocking from the O-line.

+1. HOWEVER, there are far too many thick skulls on this site for that perspective to get through.

I think we will see the Gopher team that lost 55-0 to Iowa last year
show up next week. Not sure of the score, but another offensive effort
like today and it is going to be ugly.

Maybe the coaches should be taking a look at the Iowa-Northwestern game
films and they might be able to pick up on something...

Over the last 3 years, this is the worst Gopher offense I have ever seen
in a three year period --- ever.

+ 1 the flags are what drive me crazy....we've had 12-15 big plays this season wiped out by penalties.

+ 1 the flags are what drive me crazy....we've had 12-15 big plays this season wiped out by penalties.

Nobody seems to care enough to correct the problem...penalties against #1 in the BT...another strange stat in a strange season.

Top Bottom