Six years ago today the Barn was rocking! 10 Miami vs. 12 Gophers

Wolters would have been great but that was under Tubby. Class of 2009. Instead of Wolters Tubby recruited Justin Cobbs who also had a pretty good college career. Just it was at Cal and not at Minnesota. Just looked Cobbs up and it looks like he is still playing overseas.
He was fun to watch…..
At Cal.

This really makes me miss the Big Ten/ACC Challenge, too. The Gophers had a win streak in the challenge from 2011-2015, that was a lot of fun.

This thread makes me think about former players involvement with the program. When I was watching the Nebraska game on TV the other night, I saw Mbakwe behind the bench. There used to be a dozen or so recent gopher players sitting in close proximity to the bench. Is that still the case?

This thread makes me think about former players involvement with the program. When I was watching the Nebraska game on TV the other night, I saw Mbakwe behind the bench. There used to be a dozen or so recent gopher players sitting in close proximity to the bench. Is that still the case?
Not really. Usually just him.

I see Andre Hollins, Willie Burton, Luke Lowe and Jim Shikenjanski quite often i’ve also ran into Kyle Sanden and Blake Hoffarber a few times and Melvin Newbern recently. I’m sure there’s other I can’t think of right now, but former players are around quite a bit

It does. But we also lost the game, an all too frequent occurrence with opportunities to demonstrate the program has arrived or returned.
We had a great team. So our administration was working on sabotaging it. The 'investigations' were hanging over the team & demoralizing them.

Top Bottom