Simoni Lawrence retires from CFL after 11 year career

From 2021 when he was the 2nd highest paid LB in the CFL

2) WLB Simoni Lawrence, Hamilton Tiger-Cats (A) — $135,000

The four-time all-star got a $40,000 signing bonus to extend his deal with the Ticats, which helped buoy his prorated earnings. He also has a number of prorated bonuses in his contract, including an additional $3,000 if he leads the league in tackles, $3,000 if he’s named a CFL all-star, and $5,000 if he wins an end-of-year award at the league level.

I hope he's healthy and has good insurance.

Couple of names from way back... both him and Aaron Hill both made Gopherhole this week.

Someone refresh my memory... Were they both Brewster and Kill guys or just Kill guys? Simoni Lawrence was a favorite of mine when he played.

Dude could ball. He's a fun follow on twitter too because he's a die hard Gopher fan still.

Heck of a career, 11 years of getting paid to play the game. Well done.

Great guy. Loved watching him play in both college and when the TiCats have been on tv.

From 2021 when he was the 2nd highest paid LB in the CFL

2) WLB Simoni Lawrence, Hamilton Tiger-Cats (A) — $135,000

The four-time all-star got a $40,000 signing bonus to extend his deal with the Ticats, which helped buoy his prorated earnings. He also has a number of prorated bonuses in his contract, including an additional $3,000 if he leads the league in tackles, $3,000 if he’s named a CFL all-star, and $5,000 if he wins an end-of-year award at the league level.

I hope he's healthy and has good insurance.
Anyone know how popular the CFL is in Canada? Would someone like him have ben getting some nice endorsement money?

Canadians love their CFL football, but not as much as hockey.

Anyone know how popular the CFL is in Canada? Would someone like him have ben getting some nice endorsement money?
CFL average 22K per game with Winnipeg and Saskatchewan at the top and Toronto at the bottom.

So likely not any big endorsement deals. The league tried to go bigger a few years back and almost went under. It’s only a hair better talent level than NCAA and UFL.

Attendance in Toronto is horrible even though they accounted for a lot of the increase and other teams declined as well.

Last edited:

Top Bottom