Signing day surprise?

bailee88

Reaction score
The class looks really good so far but, Brew always seems to come up with a surprise on signing day to make the class even better. anyone care to make a prediction as to who it might be this year?
I am going to go with Cory Nelson.

The class looks really good so far but, Brew always seems to come up with a surprise on signing day to make the class even better. anyone care to make a prediction as to who it might be this year?

Nelson and Seantrel are my guesses. I really think Seantrel wants to play for Brew and give basketball a shot with Tubby.

I'm gonna go with Jackson Jeffcoat, Marcus Lattimore, Corey Nelson, Seantrel Henderson, Ronald Powell and Shariff Floyd.

Hey PH you forgot that wide receiver from Illinois, Prater (sp?) I think we can count him in as well.

Seantrel is not coming. We can wish, hope, and pray that he comes here but it's not going to happen. We all want Seantrel to come here but the chances of that happening are as likely as Urban Meyer being our next football coach. Meyer might even be a more likely scenerio then Seantrel.

James Manuel wll not make it into school and Seantrell Henderson chooses the home town Gophers.

This extra month between the Army game and signing day for Brewster will pay off.

The stars are still aligned.

2008- 4**** Cooper swiches on signing day from Texas Tech
2009- 4**** Carter switches on signing day from West Virginia.
2010- 4**** ?

Can someone tell me why this class looks so good so far? The #37 ranking according to Rivals is misleading. The reason we're that high is becasue we have 26 players committed. One spot below us is GT, which as 13 commitments. I would consider their class much better than ours. How about Oregon's class which is 34th with only 15 recruits.

This class is not that good. It has 23 out of 26 players ranked at 2 or 3 stars. Outside of Hawkins or Gjere, there isn't one player that I could see making an impact next year. We're signing more JUCO's after BPT, Pittman and Carpenter all failed or are failing. Seriously, not hating on these young high school kids, but seriously what makes this class look good so far? I think you all are allowing quantity to be greater than quality.

Can someone tell me why this class looks so good so far? The #37 ranking according to Rivals is misleading. The reason we're that high is becasue we have 26 players committed. One spot below us is GT, which as 13 commitments. I would consider their class much better than ours. How about Oregon's class which is 34th with only 15 recruits.

This class is not that good. It has 23 out of 26 players ranked at 2 or 3 stars. Outside of Hawkins or Gjere, there isn't one player that I could see making an impact next year. We're signing more JUCO's after BPT, Pittman and Carpenter all failed or are failing. Seriously, not hating on these young high school kids, but seriously what makes this class look good so far? I think you all are allowing quantity to be greater than quality.

BPT was pretty darn good last year, in fact one of the best DB's we have had in a long while. This year was down but I think BPT plays best in one on one coverage and not in zone situations. I think he gets "disengaged" and losses focus in zone coverage. In man on man coverage he can hang with the best of them. his stats were disappointing this year.

We don't want nor need many of these recruits to be good next year. The number of JUCOs is not much different than past years. I believe at a mininum the following will be good Big Ten players: James Green, Edwards, Gjere, Hawkins, Hill, Mitchell, Tatum, Wright, Thornton, Eggen and Vereen probably many others.

Well, those schools with a smaller number of recruits and a higher recruiting average per player do have better classes than the Gophers (probably). But there are a lot of teams on that list who are ranked higher than the Gophers who are there for the precise reason the Gophers are there. I haven't really heard anyone pimp this class because of it's exact rivals rankings, I have just heard people say they are excited about the class. A class with 26 signings and an over 3.00 rating is brand new around here (whether you want to call it ranked 25 or 40th).

Personally, I do like the class for two reasons:

1. Whatever the ratings are, we have gotten a number of players who have have very impressive offer lists and yet they have chosen, to date, Minnesota. For example, Duron Wright is rated 5.5 stars - the lowest three star rating, I believe - yet has a number of great schools listed as having offered including Michigan and Wisconsin.

2. We have a LOT of guys coming in, thus a bigger pool of players from which, hopefully, a star (or two, or three, or four) can develop.

Even w/o SH and/or Nelson, I'm excited about the class as is - but still hopeful for that signing day surprise.

I say we sign all JUCOs based on Simoni succeeding. Every team recruits JUCOs, I don't get why people keep buying into the whole "we are selling out and recruiting JUCOs" angle.

Top Bottom