Sid's last two jottings ever on Gopher football

BleedGopher

Reaction score
In today's column, Sid had two final jottings on Gopher football. And for the last time, I am able to write "per Sid"...

JOTTINGS

• Coach P.J. Fleck and the Gophers will have a huge challenge opening the season with Michigan at TCF Bank Stadium next week, but Las Vegas oddsmakers have the Gophers as 2½-point favorites.

• Avante Dickerson of Omaha Westside is the top-ranked Gophers football recruit in the Class of 2021 and he showed why on Oct. 9 when he rushed for 212 yards on 11 carries, had two receptions for 63 yards and scored five touchdowns —including one on defense via a fumble recovery — in a 52-3 victory over Norfolk.

Go Gophers!!

Will the real Sid Hartman ghost writer please stand up. 🤔😎

Sid will be missed.

Reactions: Go4

Will be very interesting to follow Mr. Dickerson's career with the Gophers. Last player that Sid ever mentioned.

Re: Sid and so-called 'ghostwriters':

According to Reusse's piece in the Strib on Sid's passing: at the very beginning of Sid's career, Sid's boss told him not to worry about writing, and just focus on getting scoops. His words to Sid were (paraphrasing): 'Writers are a dime a dozen. Great reporters are hard to find.'

Sid worked tirelessly at building relationships with power brokers, insiders and people 'in the know', and his hard work paid off. He was a true reporter, regardless of 'ghostwriting'.

Re: Sid and so-called 'ghostwriters':

According to Reusse's piece in the Strib on Sid's passing: at the very beginning of Sid's career, Sid's boss told him not to worry about writing, and just focus on getting scoops. His words to Sid were (paraphrasing): 'Writers are a dime a dozen. Great reporters are hard to find.'

Sid worked tirelessly at building relationships with power brokers, insiders and people 'in the know', and his hard work paid off. He was a true reporter, regardless of 'ghostwriting'.
This is very true. Not everyone is born to get information and be a good reporter. Finding someone to proof read etc is easy. I wish I had taken a couple writing classes in college. Most people don't.

Top Bottom