Sid: French Canadian Benjamin St.-Juste followed a unique path to starting for Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Gophers defensive back Benjamin St-Juste had one of his best performances of the season in the Gophers’ 23-19 loss to Iowa on Saturday.

He finished with seven tackles, which trailed only Antoine Winfield Jr. with eight, and a team-high two pass breakups.

St-Juste is a unique player.

He was a four-star recruit, according to 247 Sports, out of Quebec, where he attended Cegep du Vieux Monteal.

He graduated high school at 16, so even though he was only a redshirt sophomore, he already had graduated from Michigan before transferring to the Gophers in the offseason. That meant he was able to play right away and will still have two years of eligibility left after this season.

St.-Juste played in 12 games his freshman season at Michigan, mostly on special teams, but injuries led him to redshirt his sophomore season before deciding to transfer.

He said the first team who contacted him about coming to their program was the Gophers.

“I was able to graduate early from Michigan and Minnesota looked like the perfect fit for me,” St-Juste said. “It was a really smooth transition. I’m really happy I’m here right now.”

Go Gophers!!

I'm also very happy you're here, Benjamin. I'm sure a lot of Gophers fans feel the same way. Kid has really impressed in coverage.

We are getting quality kids from all sorts of places. I hope to see the Gophers become the prime choice for quality transfers like St. Juste.

I like this guy too. When he makes a play there are not antics, etc. Quality player and person.

Top Bottom