SI ranks all 358 division 1 men’s programs

some interesting (to me anyway) items from the list.

New Mexico at 176- with Jamal Mashburn Jr helping Pitino get things started

Milwaukee at 205 with a 5 star kid on the roster playing for his dad- the rest of the roster must be pretty un-proven. I would have thought a 5 star kid in that conference would have more of an impact. Courtney Brown Jr transferring from there to St Thomas helps St Thomas get 274 in year 1. Coach Tauer did a pretty good job adding some size to his roster- that has to be a tough recruiting job when you can't go to the NCAA tourney even if you do shock the world and win big early.

Monson at Long Beach State at 258 and Tubby at High Point at 301--not a great trajectory for former Gopher coaches

Milwaukee at 205 with a 5 star kid on the roster playing for his dad- the rest of the roster must be pretty un-proven. I would have thought a 5 star kid in that conference would have more of an impact. Courtney Brown Jr transferring from there to St Thomas helps St Thomas get 274 in year 1. Coach Tauer did a pretty good job adding some size to his roster- that has to be a tough recruiting job when you can't go to the NCAA tourney even if you do shock the world and win big early.

Monson at Long Beach State at 258 and Tubby at High Point at 301--not a great trajectory for former Gopher coaches
UST has no size, they have one guy over 6'7" and I think saying Cortney Brown is 6'7" is well generous at best.

Milwaukee could win their conference and still not be great. One good recruit isn’t enough to be considered equal to even bad B1G teams

Top Bottom