Should we win out.....

CP Gopher

Reaction score
What bowl will we go to?
(This thread may only have about 5 days of life, so please respond)

Pawn America is Right for You Bowl or the Get You Degree Set Yourself Free at National American University Bowl are my preferences

Superbowl! a .500 record could possibly win any of the NFC divisions this year.

Knocking off Ohio State, Michigan State, and Iowa....dang. Let's see, that'd be a 5-3 BT record, I'm guessing that'd garner us a 4th place finish, so that'd be between the Gator Bowl and Insight Bowl who have dibs on the 4th and 5th team I believe. And the fact that we'd be knocking off those teams, I'm thinking we'd only have one BCS bowl representative (Maybe MSU and Becky could rep still). So I'll say Insight, for the billionth time in a row, except this time I'd feel real good about our chances of winning it.

Ahhh, to dream big....

I'll play. If we win out, there's a chance that Horton could get the job. If we win out, we'd be one of the big stories in college football, yet with a 6-6 record, we couldn't pass over a 7-5 team. I think a lot of bowls would like to have us, but would be forced to pick someone else.

The Big Ten already has three bowl elligible teams, and three more with 5 wins. My guess would be the Papa John's Bowl or an at large bid. If we won out, we would get a bowl invite if there was an opening.

I know, I know, not going to happen. But I can play "what if".

Basically, we'd go to the worst bowl possible with the Big Ten's current contracts. Every other Big Ten team would be picked ahead of us, so essentially, it comes down to two things - how many BCS teams do we get and how many Big Ten teams are bowl eligible?

Of course, this discussion is about equivalent to thinking about what you'll do with the winnings when you buy a Powerball ticket...

If Horton were to win out, it would be one of the nicer stories in CFB this season.
If that were to happen, you would have to consider him as a serious candidate.

Luckily, I won't be the one making that decision if that were to happen.....

Top Bottom