Should the players with "I" travel to MSU?

Block M

Reaction score
I would rather have the players stay home and finish up that darn work to make sure they stay eligible.

According from twitter updates from several team members they're busy doing two a days and lifting.

I think incomplete grades within the athletic community are common due to travel and they are bound to miss some vital work or exams. I think I wouldn't look too much into this. Tubby well have them get it done soon if they already haven't. I also think the University will have leniency due to the fact they they are pretty much working for the U.

I think incomplete grades within the athletic community are common due to travel and they are bound to miss some vital work or exams. I think I wouldn't look too much into this. Tubby well have them get it done soon if they already haven't. I also think the University will have leniency due to the fact they they are pretty much working for the U.

Again with the travel excuse? Where did they travel that caused them to miss classes? They went to California over Thanksgving (no missed classes) and the last 2 road games (Iowa and Purdue) were also during a break. Only the Miami game conflicted with any classes and it was just one day. They were home for an entire month between the Miami game and the Iowa game. From what I'm told, they have academic advisors that travel with the team and they have scheduled study times.

Only the Miami game conflicted with any classes and it was just one day.

I have an honest question and it's not meant to dispute Art's contention that travel should not be an excuse for an incomplete at this time so please don't take it that way.

When the team plays on a Wednesday night, what is their travel schedule? I assume they don't fly in and out on the same day, but does anybody know what the typical itinerary would be for the team traveling half way accross the country for a mid-week game?

I have an honest question and it's not meant to dispute Art's contention that travel should not be an excuse for an incomplete at this time so please don't take it that way.

When the team plays on a Wednesday night, what is their travel schedule? I assume they don't fly in and out on the same day, but does anybody know what the typical itinerary would be for the team traveling half way accross the country for a mid-week game?

I know they are leaving this afternoon for tomorrow's game. I'm sure they leave after school hours the day before.

Hey Art V.

In an ideal world, students would all be 4.0.

In an ideal world, athletes would all be 4.0

In an ideal world, Art V. would stop being a negative a$$ed know it all.

In an ideal world, Art V. would rule over all.

In an ideal world, Art V. would marry Ganglehoff and all would be good.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Doc

Hey Art V.

In an ideal world, students would all be 4.0.

In an ideal world, athletes would all be 4.0

In an ideal world, Art V. would stop being a negative a$$ed know it all.

In an ideal world, Art V. would rule over all.

In an ideal world, Art V. would marry Ganglehoff and all would be good.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Doc, it would not be too ideal if Art married Ganglehoff. She died in 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Gangelhoff

I know they are leaving this afternoon for tomorrow's game. I'm sure they leave after school hours the day before.

Usually they would leave the day before the game. In my experience, (not with Minnesota or Tubby so who knows) teams do a walk through/practice during the normal afternoon time, then leave for the airport/board the buses. They'll do a morning walk through/practice in the new place (MSU tomorrow morning) then fly home that night after the game is over. Then they are up for classes and practice the next day.

No matter what Art will tell you, it's not the easiest thing in the world to do your studying/classes with the travel. But again, they are given pretty much as much assistance as they need but tutors aren't available 24/7 either. You are on a pretty regimented schedule from what I experienced, depending on your class times.

D1 athletes are going to continue to have extremely rigorous schedules and their study habits aren't going to change, so deal with it. Would you rather have these athletes skip college and go play overseas? Would you feel better about the university's reputation that way? With the academic standards that you have for them, most of them would need to leave this country to play competitively.

Again with the travel excuse? Where did they travel that caused them to miss classes? They went to California over Thanksgving (no missed classes) and the last 2 road games (Iowa and Purdue) were also during a break. Only the Miami game conflicted with any classes and it was just one day. They were home for an entire month between the Miami game and the Iowa game. From what I'm told, they have academic advisors that travel with the team and they have scheduled study times.

How can one make excuses for the "I's"? Its likely that most of the players take a minimum load during hoops season. What are their academic counselors doing? And what have the "slackers" been doing for the past three weeks during semester break?

Tubby needs to bring the hammer down if players have not meet the deadline and should not wait until the last day. Missing practice and spending time with the "helpers" would be my remedy and those who miss practice get their PT reduced or stay home.

Maybe all this will be moot and the work will finally get done in time. But this issue is not a good thing and Tubby should be very concerned and very firm and get the message out there that academics are important.

Top Bottom