Shooter says SH still favors USC as front-runner

USC, Miami, OSU, then the Gophs? Hm.

Well this is starting to make a little sense (not to be confused with the Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense)

If Monte Kiffin has indeed taken the drivers seat on this one, it would be hard to say no. This guy basically stated that he wants nothing to do with recruiting, then brings the fire to Seantrel's home in MPLS.

Say what you want about Lane, but Monte is the man.

Well this is starting to make a little sense (not to be confused with the Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense)

If Monte Kiffin has indeed taken the drivers seat on this one, it would be hard to say no. This guy basically stated that he wants nothing to do with recruiting, then brings the fire to Seantrel's home in MPLS.

Say what you want about Lane, but Monte is the man.

He is supposedly an upstanding man, it would be nice for him to practice a little tough love with his worthless excuse for a human being son. No USC SH, anywhere else.

I keep telling myself that Henderson is going out to NY to do Tom Lemmings show because Brew and Lemming are good friends and that Brew wants Seantrel to do this on live television ON signing day just to give the Gophers that much more publicity and props.
Brew is running the show here not Seantrel.

At least I keep telling myself that.

I thought the exact same thing. Hope is all we have at this point.

I am 95% certain (based solely on guesstimation) that Seantrel will not become a Gopher, yet I feel my blood boil every time I read that he is not coming here.

I keep telling myself that Henderson is going out to NY to do Tom Lemmings show because Brew and Lemming are good friends and that Brew wants Seantrel to do this on live television ON signing day just to give the Gophers that much more publicity and props.

I don't agree with your Brewster theory, but I'm sure the whole reason Seantrel hasn't even hinted where he's going to sign is to benefit Lemming's show. Why tune in, unless you're going to get some big news?

I am 95% certain (based solely on guesstimation) that Seantrel will not become a Gopher, yet I feel my blood boil every time I read that he is not coming here.

Brain, meet Heart!

Same here. I have almost given up all hope that he will become a Gopher yet I know that I will still be very disappointed when he announces that he is going to sign with another team. It's frustrating.

Assuming SH signs elsewhere, it is sad to see the top talent always leave MN. It is a shame that the U does not connect better with high school kids and draws them in to the point that all they want to do is play fb for the U when the graduate HS. Here in Los Angeles, so many of the top talent want nothing more than to play ball for SC. I know that now SC is a power house it is easy for kids to want to play for SC, but they got there because the top talent wanted to stay home and build something. I know that is what Brewster wants to do, but if the top MN kids do not want to help out, it will be a very difficult task.

No offense to anyone that has posted, but I find this whole thing laughable.

There are reports linking SH to every single one of his target schools. Every report is "credible" and every report is "95% sure". Love it!

Ohhh the pain of waiting!!!!!!

GO4INLALALAND said:
but they got there because the top talent wanted to stay home and build something

Sounds like the may have got there with some under the table stuff also...

Assuming SH signs elsewhere, it is sad to see the top talent always leave MN. It is a shame that the U does not connect better with high school kids and draws them in to the point that all they want to do is play fb for the U when the graduate HS. Here in Los Angeles, so many of the top talent want nothing more than to play ball for SC. I know that now SC is a power house it is easy for kids to want to play for SC, but they got there because the top talent wanted to stay home and build something. I know that is what Brewster wants to do, but if the top MN kids do not want to help out, it will be a very difficult task.

We have to start winning the hearts and minds of the little tikes. Playing for the Gophers and at TCF Bank Stadium has to start being special. I hope that a very tall and gifted young man who goes to HS in St. Paul trades in his purple and gold for Maroon and Gold. *Note: SC does not consider Maroon and Gold to be their colors.

EVERYTHING is merely speculation at this point. Just calm down and wait til tomorrow and hope that his last desire is Minnesota.

Makes sense to me, If he was going to USC or OSU or ND then why wait and make an announcement on signing day? committing to those places says nothing, if you are going to make a STATEMENT on National media outlets, you commit to Minnesota on signing day when every publication says you are going elsewhere. That makes a STATEMENT right in everyones faces! I am #1 (or 2) and I am staying home! If he commits to any other school on national media on national signing day, he may be speaking on national tv but he is saying nothing. The question is, is Seantrel a leader or is he a follower?

the spoiled children don't deserve to have seantrel. please, go anywhere but there.

You're assuming he wants to make a statement. Maybe he just likes the attention and wants to be known nationally (presumably as a way of investing in his stock for future endeavors = NFL).

Indeed! Shooter doesn't know chite! Most of the stuff in his columns he makes up while doing his "thing" in the bathroom with magazines!

You're assuming he wants to make a statement. Maybe he just likes the attention and wants to be known nationally (presumably as a way of investing in his stock for future endeavors = NFL).

He already has the attention and is known nationally. He could have committed to a powerhouse at the Army All American game and still had the attention. I do not know if he wants to make a "statement" but if he chooses Minnesota he will be known nationally and have a lot of attention because everybodys story on signing day will be about Seantrel becoming a Gopher and defying the logic of the national pundits and experts. If he commits to USC or Ohio State the story is about their classes, if he commits to Minnesota the story is about Seantrel.

Top Bottom