Shooter: Potential U facility donors asked what they think chances of raising $190MM

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

Potential University of Minnesota supporters are being asked, by way of a survey, what they think the chances are of raising $190 million to improve athletics facilities.

Though multimillionaire and Minnesota alumnus T. Denny Sanford has said he is done contributing to his alma mater, Gophers administrators and boosters haven't given up trying to persuade him.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_24442809/charley-walters-could-vikings-be-shut-out-pro

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

DON'T PRINT THAT

That was University of Minnesota alumnus T. Denny Sanford, who the other day pledged $100 million to the University of California-San Diego for stem-cell research, attending the Gophers-UMD men's hockey game Sunday at Mariucci Arena. Sanford, who the Gophers are trying to cultivate for a contribution for their $190 million athletics facilities improvement plan, left the game with Minnesota trailing 5-1. He said he was in town for his son's birthday.

Sanford, a St. Paul Central grad who four years ago donated $6 million toward his alma mater's athletic hall of fame, remains unengaged for additional giving to Minnesota but added he believes the facilities upgrade goal will be met without him.

"There's nothing happening (with him and the university)," Sanford said. "I wish them well in finding some deep pockets to get it done. I think they'll get it done because they're persistent."

The university, by the way, hasn't given up on Sanford.

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/c...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter: DON'T PRINT THAT That was University of Minnesota alumnus T. Denny Sanford, who the other day pledged $100 million to the University of California-San Diego for stem-cell research, attending the Gophers-UMD men's hockey game Sunday at Mariucci Arena. Sanford, who the Gophers are trying to cultivate for a contribution for their $190 million athletics facilities improvement plan, left the game with Minnesota trailing 5-1. He said he was in town for his son's birthday. Sanford, a St. Paul Central grad who four years ago donated $6 million toward his alma mater's athletic hall of fame, remains unengaged for additional giving to Minnesota but added he believes the facilities upgrade goal will be met without him. "There's nothing happening (with him and the university)," Sanford said. "I wish them well in finding some deep pockets to get it done. I think they'll get it done because they're persistent." The university, by the way, hasn't given up on Sanford. http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci_24608108/charley-walters-glen-mason-tweaks-critics-gophers-football?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter Go Gophers!!

He sure seems to like the attention.

He sure seems to like the attention.

I've met him a couple of times, and he doesn't seem that way in person. Seems like a very down to earth guy. Whatever happens between him and The "U" is between him and The "U".

I've met him a couple of times, and he doesn't seem that way in person. Seems like a very down to earth guy. Whatever happens between him and The "U" is between him and The "U".

Mr. User...running with the B1G dogs...

Mr. User...running with the B1G dogs...

A few years ago we went to The Masters a couple of years in a row. Rented a house close to Augusta, and he was staying across the street from us with a couple of guys I happened to know, so we would get together for drinks in the evenings.

A few years ago we went to The Masters a couple of years in a row. Rented a house close to Augusta, and he was staying across the street from us with a couple of guys I happened to know, so we would get together for drinks in the evenings.
Start working him for some coin for the U.

If we can't raise this money we shouldn't be in the Big Ten.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom