Shooter on Hoiberg: Some people wonder how long he’s willing to put up with the Nebraska mess.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

Fred Hoiberg, 48, the popular ex-Timberwolves player-executive, has five years remaining on a $25 million, seven-year contract to coach the Nebraska men’s basketball team. Hoiberg’s Cornhuskers (1-11 in the Big Ten this season) have won 12 games overall in two seasons while losing 39.

In five previous seasons coaching at Iowa State, Hoiberg’s Cyclones won 115 while losing just 56. He made nearly $20 million coaching the Chicago Bulls. Some people wonder how long he’s willing to put up with the Nebraska mess.

Go Gophers!!

He has had very serious health problems because of a genetic condition that required significant surgeries to correct that is not going away.
He could have walked away and lived very well years ago but obviously loves to coach and believes he can make NE respectable in the BIG.
I also remember he has some NE connection.
He will be there for a while.

per Shooter:

Fred Hoiberg, 48, the popular ex-Timberwolves player-executive, has five years remaining on a $25 million, seven-year contract to coach the Nebraska men’s basketball team. Hoiberg’s Cornhuskers (1-11 in the Big Ten this season) have won 12 games overall in two seasons while losing 39.

In five previous seasons coaching at Iowa State, Hoiberg’s Cyclones won 115 while losing just 56. He made nearly $20 million coaching the Chicago Bulls. Some people wonder how long he’s willing to put up with the Nebraska mess.

Go Gophers!!
He's the head coach being paid $3.5M+ per year, isn't it his mess?

He has had very serious health problems because of a genetic condition that required significant surgeries to correct that is not going away.
He could have walked away and lived very well years ago but obviously loves to coach and believes he can make NE respectable in the BIG.
I also remember he has some NE connection.
He will be there for a while.

I think I remember reading that maybe his Dad lives in Lincoln and/or his Dad is a huge Husker fan.

Fred's grandfather was the men's basketball coach at Nebraska. His parents both went to Nebraska and he was born in Lincoln. While he grew up being the mayor of Ames, he grew up a Nebraska fan. Even during his time with the Wolves, and even though he was an ISU grad, he would spend time watching Cornhusker football.

By the way, he has a 5* recruit coming in next year and has a Top 20 recruiting class. I don't think he is bailing on the Huskers just yet.

Fred's grandfather was the men's basketball coach at Nebraska. His parents both went to Nebraska and he was born in Lincoln. While he grew up being the mayor of Ames, he grew up a Nebraska fan. Even during his time with the Wolves, and even though he was an ISU grad, he would spend time watching Cornhusker football.

By the way, he has a 5* recruit coming in next year and has a Top 20 recruiting class. I don't think he is bailing on the Huskers just yet.
If Pitino left to coach St Thomas would you say he was "bailing on the Gophers" or are we happy to get out of the contract?

And BC has interest in Pitino? Wonder if there is any truth to that rumor?

He's the head coach being paid $3.5M+ per year, isn't it his mess?
That's not how it works you miss the tournament your first two years at a school that made it the year before you were hired. Then you come out and say in year 3 that you "knew" you'd be down in year 3 because of the status of the roster you inherited. I know this sounds crazy, but it actually worked someplace.

Shooter once again has no fucking clue and is just writing stuff to write stuff.

Top Bottom