Shooter Now: 'Kill fills the bill,' Minnesota prep legend Ron Stolski says

The more and more I learn about Coach K and the more people describe their impressions of him, I just have this feeling (really for the first time) that the U is on the verge of some great things. Coach K knows football and I think he will surprise people in his recruiting prowess.

Agreed. After the initial "WHO!?" when he was hired, the more I read, the more I think he's a great fit.

People are really warming up to Kill they more they take a look at him. Initially, many people were extremely negative about the hire, then people warmed up to it, but people still claimed that he wouldn't energize the fans, and that ticket sales would suffer. Now it seems that Kill just might be getting the fans excited again. They sure will be more excited to buy 2011 tickets than they were to buy 2010 tickets. I predict that the attendance at the Spring Game will be better than we have had in quite a while. (No, I'm not predicting thre 40,000) that we had when Holtz was hired) I had fully expected the newspaper comments sections to remain very negative, but they have turned around too.

A good endorsement ... Stolski has a great program though it doesn't get much state-wide acclaim.

Wonder if he's planning on calling all of the season ticket holders like he did at NIU last year. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he did. That little gnome works his butt off.

I think the thing that is helping Kill sell himself to people is the fact once they read more about him, the more you realize this man is a coaches coach. He isn't flashy, but you can just tell he has a plan and knows how to coach football. Having a staff that has been together for quite a long time is also a plus. These guys are on the same page with the same goals. Not to mention once people get to know more of his background, the more they realize he has a lot of the ties needed for recruiting the BIG 10 region.

Ron Stolski is a machine.

And Ron Stolski also knows MN high school football.

Kill's far more personable and charismatic than I ever expected him to be. He really connects with people. If the high school coaches are behind him, he'll get every kid in this state outside of the ones like Seantrel who want to get out of town.

Getting the HS coaches behind him is the biggest hurdle he will face in recruiting. That being said, he seems to have made a awesome impression already! It is hard to get some kids because they want to get out on their own, so to speak.

Whoops! Basically just changed the wording around from what gophmeister said I see!!!!

Ron Stolski and Dave Nelson are two highly respected coaches in this state. They both had glowing endorsements of their meeting with Kill. That's a very good sign.

I couldn't agree more with Coach Stolski's preferences that he (and other coaches) provided Maturi during the search process and how Kill fits those criteria. The more I read, the more optimistic I become.

Top Bottom