Shooter: Naming rights at The Barn should be worth $1MM/year

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

A banking firm recently reached a Rupp Arena corporate naming rights deal worth $1.5 million annually to the University of Kentucky. A naming rights deal for the Gophers’ Williams Arena should be worth $1 million a year. 3M is paying the University of Minnesota $800,000 per year to have its name on Mariucci Arena.

Go Gophers!!

I am not a fan of colleges selling naming rights but these days I guess it's all about the money.

I am not a fan of colleges selling naming rights but these days I guess it's all about the money.

Well yes, that is how businesses work and college athletics are a business. Want nicer facilities? Need money. Want to retain or hire good coaches? Need money. Naming rights are a revenue source like ticket sales and concessions. Not sure why people care what the venue is called. No one says they are going to 3M Arena or whatever Mariucci is called. TCF Bank stadium has always been the name, so we call it that. The Barn will be The Barn no matter how much Target/3M/Medtronic/USbank pay. Unless its torn down...is there a thread on that?

Top Bottom