Shooter: Minnesota has a generational QB in redshirt frosh Athan Kaliakmanis.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Shooter:

Gophers rooters will have to wait until next year, but Minnesota has a generational QB in redshirt frosh Athan Kaliakmanis.

Go Gophers!!

Generational? Oh fer Chrissakes Shooter. Peyton Manning was generational. Tim Tebow and Cam Newton were generational. This kid, while having a promising future, is nothing close to a generational talent. Does he even know what that word means?

He may be generational, but we won't know for quite awhile

Generational? Oh fer Chrissakes Shooter. Peyton Manning was generational. Tim Tebow and Cam Newton were generational. This kid, while having a promising future, is nothing close to a generational talent. Does he even know what that word means?
But did you read the article and his reasoning behind it?

[checks notes]

Uhm…that is the entirety of the statement.

Well, when you consider the history of Gopher QB's, it's not like you've got a bunch of Heisman trophy candidates and top NFL draft picks there.

Now, AK will likely only have 3 years as a starter at best, so he may not be able to challenge some of the career records of Morgan or Weber, but he can certainly establish himself as one of the better Gopher QB's in history - if he is as good as some think, and he stays healthy. Who knows - if he's really good, he might even leave early for the pros. that would be a novel concept.

It’s like the media (and everyone else really) have to one up each other with overreactions. Suddenly we have the greatest qb ever to be seen but he’s a backup.🙄

It’s like the media (and everyone else really) have to one up each other with overreactions. Suddenly we have the greatest qb ever to be seen but he’s a backup.🙄
What we have is two young QBs 8 and 9 who are big, fast and can really throw the ball. To some of us it was a huge letdown that 2 came back this year he has a low ceiling and in games like yesterday is maddening to watch. He’s short, slow and has a weak arm and when the rest of the team is going poorly he does not have the ability to raise the level of his play either throwing or running to pull victory from defeat. We have no idea of the other two can, but we know 2 can’t.

What we have is two young QBs 8 and 9 who are big, fast and can really throw the ball. To some of us it was a huge letdown that 2 came back this year he has a low ceiling and in games like yesterday is maddening to watch. He’s short, slow and has a weak arm and when the rest of the team is going poorly he does not have the ability to raise the level of his play either throwing or running to pull victory from defeat. We have no idea of the other two can, but we know 2 can’t.
Low ceiling? This guy beat Auburn in an Outback bowl. I'm not going to call you a moron but someone should.

The Gophers don't run the triple option. The QB's 40 time has no bearing on their ability to win games.

Also calling him short tells me everything I need to know. Remember when John Elway refused to pick a QB that was under 6'4". Worked out super well for the Broncos who have been the laughing stock of NFL QB rooms since Payton retired. Stupid opinion.

We would have a better idea if he played more minutes instead of Tanner when we were up 30 pts early in the 3rd in our first 4 games
For sure. Seeing a guy throw some passes against terrible teams while up 30 would be really huge.

Low ceiling? This guy beat Auburn in an Outback bowl. I'm not going to call you a moron but someone should.

The Gophers don't run the triple option. The QB's 40 time has no bearing on their ability to win games.

Also calling him short tells me everything I need to know. Remember when John Elway refused to pick a QB that was under 6'4". Worked out super well for the Broncos who have been the laughing stock of NFL QB rooms since Payton retired. Stupid opinion.
Watch the TCU highlights from yesterday that’s a real fun college quarterback. Plus, he had a legit and tough competition for his job so he’s had a fire lit under his ass.

I thought Max Shortell was going to be the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning, so don't ask me.

PJ would never shake the table and make this change. Would give this offense some newfound life.

We would have a better idea if he played more minutes instead of Tanner when we were up 30 pts early in the 3rd in our first 4 games
Stupid idea.
First game of the year that our 1s had to play into the 4th quarter and they couldn’t close the deal.

If anything that game was an argument the 1s should’ve played more in those blowouts since when the first time physical stamina was required we ran out of gas

What we know is No 2 is too short to play guard or tackle. He didn't open a single hole all day.

Physical talents only get you so far. We have no clue how AK will handle the mental side of the game yet.

no doubt, there is a lot to being a successful QB.

the mental side of the game is very important. but the physical side of the game is also important.

all things being equal, if I have to choose a QB, I would prefer one who is taller, quicker, capable of running, and......has a stronger arm. leadership is great - but leadership can't zip the ball into a tight window 20 yards down the field.

I think that is what sets some people off about Morgan. he does not have the same physical gifts as other QB's, and that limits his performance to some extent. you watch Morgan attempt a throw, and you think, "if he had a stronger arm, that could have been a big play."

Well, next year, we'll see what happens.

Top Bottom