Shooter: Marcus Carr, who has declared for the NBA draft, has until Wednesday to undeclare and return for his junior season.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

Gophers sophomore point guard Marcus Carr, who has declared for the NBA draft, has until Wednesday to undeclare and return for his junior season.

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Gophers sophomore point guard Marcus Carr, who has declared for the NBA draft, has until Wednesday to undeclare and return for his junior season.

Go Gophers!!
I guess he missed the deadline was extended

Maybe it'll work like the crowd going 5, 4, 3, 2,1 with 15 seconds left on the shot clock and Marcus will announce he is returning...just like the guy who heaves a desperation three with 9 seconds left.
Hey, it could happen... ha need another dose of positive news.
Gach signs
Robbins gets waiver
Carr returns
that sort of thing...

I wonder how much of Gach's decision is based on Carr's? Gach would like the ball in his hands from what I've heard. He had the ball a lot in his high point highlight video.
No idea the answer....just a curious thought. Carr does have the ball a lot!
Or is it the Gophers who are not all in on Gach?

Carr could still do us a favor, though and announce early.

KSTP: Marcus Carr weighing whether to return to Gophers or stay in NBA Draft

Gophers guard Marcus Carr is testing the NBA Draft waters, but is maintaining his college eligibility. He recently talked with our Darren 'Doogie' Wolfson about the decision that lies ahead.

Carr, a team captain, has been having daily communication with Gophers coach Richard Pitino. He also has been in touch with the incoming players. In other words, he's been acting as if he'll be back.

But on the other hand, he set a new school record with 207 assists in a season. He also started every game and led the Big Ten in minutes played, while finishing second in the conference in assists and eighth in scoring. Quite frankly, he had a sensational season, and it's possible his NBA stock is peaking right now.

The obvious compromise could be to get feedback from teams via Zoom chats, while returning to the 'U' and working on what executives advise. The NBA Draft advisory board told Carr he's a borderline second round pick, but could also go undrafted. So another good and injury-free year for the Gophers, and his stock could climb.

Go Gophers!!

Carr is a better college guard than some of guards that get drafted... With an improved 3 point shot will be well paid to play high level offshore pro ball

per Shama:

Tomorrow (Wednesday) was originally supposed to be the last day college basketball players could withdraw their names from the NBA Draft and still be eligible for next season. The NCAA nixed the June 3 date awhile ago and has yet to announce a new deadline. That gives Marcus Carr, Minnesota’s best player if he returns to the team, more time to contemplate whether his immediate future is with the Gophers or pros.

My guess as to Carr’s draft appeal to NBA clubs? At best, mid to late second round.

Go Gophers!!

My gut say's he is gone. My gut is greatly influenced by many years of bad luck with this program.

My eyes tell me that he would be crazy not to come back as his game is not complete enough for the NBA.

My brain tells me to stop trying to figure out what a 20 year old is going to do.

My gut say's he is gone. My gut is greatly influenced by many years of bad luck with this program.

My eyes tell me that he would be crazy not to come back as his game is not complete enough for the NBA.

My brain tells me to stop trying to figure out what a 20 year old is going to do.

Just saw some news today that with the new NBA proposal, the draft wouldn't occur until late October. Hopefully this plays into our favor. Seems like a heck of a long time between June and late October to sit there with all the uncertainty if you'll even get picked. I haven't seen Carr mentioned in any mock drafts (for even the second round). With all these factors, I'd be really shocked if he doesn't come back.

Carr won’t go in the draft. It’s a question of if he wants to try out for the g league or make money abroad or come back.

Look like carr is taking his sweet time along with garza

Top Bottom