Shooter: If U job becomes available, names mentioned will be Dutcher, Musselman, Beilein, Saunders, McDermott, Miles, Medved, Smith, Jacobson

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

Besides Brian Dutcher, if the Gophers’ job becomes available, among names mentioned will be Eric Musselman of Arkansas, former Michigan-Cleveland Cavs coach John Beilein, ex-Nebraska coach Tim Miles, Greg McDermott of Creighton, Shaka Smart of Texas (expected to be fired), Ryan Saunders of the Timberwolves, Niko Medved and assistant Dave Thorson of Colorado State, Craig Smith of Utah State and Ben Jacobson of Northern Iowa.

Go Gophers!!

Ryan Saunders? If thats the case, sounds like he is going to be fired. Would think it would be a big pay cut for him to come to the Gophers. However I like him as he is young and hopefully would be here a long time providing the we do better than what we have lately.

Ryan Saunders? If thats the case, sounds like he is going to be fired. Would think it would be a big pay cut for him to come to the Gophers. However I like him as he is young and hopefully would be here a long time providing the we do better than what we have lately.

There are high school coaches I would choose before Ryan Saunders. He would be a disastrous choice.

McDermott is interesting to me. His teams almost always seem competitive.

There are high school coaches I would choose before Ryan Saunders. He would be a disastrous choice.

You'd choose an unknown high school coach before a coach with NBA bench AND head coaching experience? Someone who clearly has the respect of NBA players? Disastrous? Why would you say that? Obviously he has not been in the recruiting game but high school coaches haven't either.

The right time to hire on Eric Musselman was 1 year ago. Not sure I’m up for hiring any coach being fired. How ‘bout Ken Novak?

You'd choose an unknown high school coach before a coach with NBA bench AND head coaching experience? Someone who clearly has the respect of NBA players? Disastrous? Why would you say that? Obviously he has not been in the recruiting game but high school coaches haven't either.

Player development, whole different level in college and the pro's, recruiting, roster management, dealing with teenage kids, etc.. It would be like starting all over again with someone that is learning on the job like it was with Pitino. The program can't afford that right now.

Ken Novak is a helluva recruiter. You didn’t think Hopkins Mn produced all that talent, did you?

Top Bottom