Shooter: Gophers men’s basketball coach Ben Johnson has a $2.75 million buyout if he isn’t retained after this season.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
The number posted here has been much higher than what Shooter is reporting:

Gophers men’s basketball coach Ben Johnson has a $2.75 million buyout if he isn’t retained after this season.

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully Shooter is right this time. My guess would be this is largely in relation to how the 1 year extension Ben Johnson signed was negotiated. My hope has always been that it was written in a similar manner to Pitino's last extension which didn't actually raise his buyout.

Hopefully Shooter is right this time. My guess would be this is largely in relation to how the 1 year extension Ben Johnson signed was negotiated. My hope has always been that it was written in a similar manner to Pitino's last extension which didn't actually raise his buyout.

Yes, I always suspected the same thing. I remembered that Coyle's last "extension" to Pitino did not increase the buyout. Furthermore, given how Coyle finagled to pay as little as humanly possible to Pitino upon his departure, I had very strong doubts that he would have done anything to increase BJ's buyout after the first year.

But Shama read the contract...

:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom