Shooter: A little birdie says U still owes $44 million for its $166 million Athletes Village.

It is clear that with all the Coyles in TCF field, it should be known as The Cemetery.

Coyle was on the Sports Huddle on WCCO on Sunday. only caught part of the interview. If I heard correctly, I thought he said that they had now raised $140 million toward Athlete's Village. Coyle also talked about Athlete's Village being a big plus for recruits. said a lot of schools asked to tour the facilities when they were in the Cities for the Final Four.

And - DRUM ROLL - Dave Mona asked him about the heating coils being removed. referenced comments on the internet. (wonder where he saw that?) Coyle started laughing and said the heating coils are definitely still in place and operating.

Coyle was on the Sports Huddle on WCCO on Sunday. only caught part of the interview. If I heard correctly, I thought he said that they had now raised $140 million toward Athlete's Village. Coyle also talked about Athlete's Village being a big plus for recruits. said a lot of schools asked to tour the facilities when they were in the Cities for the Final Four.

And - DRUM ROLL - Dave Mona asked him about the heating coils being removed. referenced comments on the internet. (wonder where he saw that?) Coyle started laughing and said the heating coils are definitely still in place and operating.
This is a prime example why people need to stop coming to GH for information. Lots of dummies on the board. Aka Spoofin ?

No mention of Jimmy Hoffa?

This is a prime example why people need to stop coming to GH for information. Lots of dummies on the board. Aka Spoofin ?
Back already? Thought you were bored with your obsession. Well, a mental illness is what it is.

You do know I didn’t bring this info to GH - someone posted an article from Shooter, right? Hey - Shooter has a wife and kids... Go get them!

I am hopeful that everyone involved were all in on the joke.... if so that's pretty fun.

So either Shooter didn't do his research or the U failed to correctly communicate the fundraising total. Either scenario seems equally likely.

Are you going to believe Coil or Gopherhole?

There is something very creepy going on here. Although I have not been a fan of Spoofin's contributions to the discussions (and added him to my ignore list months ago), I don't really find anything he does to be harmful or out of character for this board and I know that a lot of people enjoy his posts. Meanwhile, I noticed this "NewJerseyGopher" seems to comment a lot on Spoofin's posts, always negatively. I just did a little research - out of 39 total posts from NewJerseyGopher to date, exactly 39 of them were either responses to Spoofin, or other negative comments about him. Clearly this is some sort of burner account for someone with a grudge and it is beyond creepy. At what point does it become enough evidence to ban this? I'd say 39 for 39 is enough evidence.

Just kind of a general comment....I have noticed over the past several years that Charlie Walters nearly always reports the negative...almost always takes a negative view on whatever he is reporting...if it can be spun bad for the Gophers, Twins, Vikes or any of our other teams that is the slant of the headline and first story he reports on. It almost has a gleeful tone in his writing. In my memory it was not like that when he was writing 3-5 times a week. Use to really look forward to his columns....not so much any more...unless I want to find who the newest head pro is at some golf course in the Twin Cities....which he never fails to write a line about. His columns are just very disappointing now. Take them with a grain of salt.

There is something very creepy going on here. Although I have not been a fan of Spoofin's contributions to the discussions (and added him to my ignore list months ago), I don't really find anything he does to be harmful or out of character for this board and I know that a lot of people enjoy his posts. Meanwhile, I noticed this "NewJerseyGopher" seems to comment a lot on Spoofin's posts, always negatively. I just did a little research - out of 39 total posts from NewJerseyGopher to date, exactly 39 of them were either responses to Spoofin, or other negative comments about him. Clearly this is some sort of burner account for someone with a grudge and it is beyond creepy. At what point does it become enough evidence to ban this? I'd say 39 for 39 is enough evidence.
If you were reading spoofins posts you'd know the whole back story.

Just kind of a general comment....I have noticed over the past several years that Charlie Walters nearly always reports the negative...almost always takes a negative view on whatever he is reporting...if it can be spun bad for the Gophers, Twins, Vikes or any of our other teams that is the slant of the headline and first story he reports on. It almost has a gleeful tone in his writing. In my memory it was not like that when he was writing 3-5 times a week. Use to really look forward to his columns....not so much any more...unless I want to find who the newest head pro is at some golf course in the Twin Cities....which he never fails to write a line about. His columns are just very disappointing now. Take them with a grain of salt.
Negative reporting gets attention, especially in sports.

It has always been that way but I think things like social media have increased the feedback loop for such things to 11.

It's like the 10th account he's created in the past couple months to stalk Spoofin.

Top Bottom