Shooter: 2 parking lots near TCF Bank Stadium were charging $30 per car on Saturday

Does anybody know which lot he is referring to? I didn’t know any lots around there ever had single game parking. If I could tailgate near the stadium for only $30 a game, I’d be doing that every week.

Seriously, is he insinuating that’s too much? Too little? What a bizarre comment to publish.

Breakin' The Plane

Does anybody know which lot he is referring to? I didn’t know any lots around there ever had single game parking. If I could tailgate near the stadium for only $30 a game, I’d be doing that every week.

Seriously, is he insinuating that’s too much? Too little? What a bizarre comment to publish.
I think too little. And I don't think a U lot was doing this, so you can't tailgate there anyway. But, yeah, weird thing to publish.

HoustonTXGopher

Parking lots around Minute Maid Park were charging $60 per car for the Astros/Rays game this evening. So my question is....what is his point?

dpodoll68

Elite Poster

He didn't say anything about tailgating.

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
In years past I saw people tailgating at Days Inn, not sure if you still can
Yes, but you have to be registered as a guest. The place is usually sold out months in advance.

As for Shooter, he’s like Sid now, without being a fan or having any real inside information.

Last edited:
Speaking as an older fellow, and a cheap SOB to boot - I would never pay $30 just to park my freakin' car for a football game or a concert. Never. I would rather park a couple of miles away and walk to the field instead of paying $30 to park.

So, I assume Shooter is hinting at price-gouging.

In an odd way, this is good news for the Gopher program. You expect parking lot operators to jack up their prices for Vikings game, or Twins if they're in the playoffs. So, the fact that people think the Gophers have become a big enough draw to warrant price-gouging is a compliment to the Gophers.

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Speaking as an older fellow, and a cheap SOB to boot - I would never pay $30 just to park my freakin' car for a football game or a concert. Never. I would rather park a couple of miles away and walk to the field instead of paying $30 to park.

So, I assume Shooter is hinting at price-gouging.

In an odd way, this is good news for the Gopher program. You expect parking lot operators to jack up their prices for Vikings game, or Twins if they're in the playoffs. So, the fact that people think the Gophers have become a big enough draw to warrant price-gouging is a compliment to the Gophers.
Pricing appropriately according to market demand is not price gouging.

Latest profile posts