Shama: Fleck Contract Extension Seems Likely

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Does P.J. Fleck soon receive a contract extension? The Minnesota head coach has been rewarded with additional years on his contract every year except the COVID- shortened season of 2020.

Fleck, named head coach at Minnesota in January of 2017, received his most recent extension about a year ago. The deal reportedly not only gives him security through 2028 but raised his compensation to $5 million annually.

Athletic director Mark Coyle, who hired Fleck and initiated the multiple extensions and raises, must make the call about a revised contract. On the one hand, Coyle might view the past season as disappointing because of preseason expectations the Gophers could win their first ever Big Ten West Division title, but they came up short despite a very favorable schedule. Minnesota’s strength of schedule ranked No. 126 out of 131 FBS teams, per NCAA statistics.

On the other hand, the Gophers finished 8-4 overall and 5-4 in league play. The winning record in Big Ten games is the third straight for Fleck in a full season (2019, 2021 and 2022). A win in the upcoming bowl game will give Minnesota a nine win year, equaling last year’s record and following the 11-2 mark in 2019.

Go Gophers!!

Would love to see the SOS metric he is looking at.
I haven’t seen anything close to that.
Sag has Mn as 67 SOS
ESPN has it 59
Massey 50

He said NCAA but I’ve never seen ncaa distribute an SOS metric

Sag has Mn as 67 SOS
ESPN has it 59
Massey 50

Hard to have that SOS he references in the B1G

Sag has Mn as 67 SOS
ESPN has it 59
Massey 50

I guess that could be a non-conference SOS metric from somewhere?

I guess that could be a non-conference SOS metric from somewhere?
I suppose that’s true and logically what it is.
That’s kind of a massive mislead though 😂

And I still want to know what ncaa metric it is as I’ve never seen them publish a SOS number

Top Bottom