Shama: Fan criticism of Gophers basketball coach Richard Pitino is intensifying

1 team with a winning regular season big 10 record.............1

Similar to the expectations of the football team being able to compete for the Big 10 West Title every year. I think we should expect the Gophers to compete for a Top 4-5 finish every year in basketball. That doesn't mean you have to do it year in and year out, but you've got to be able to compete.

In the years we're not winning the Big 10 West in football, we should be just a game out. In the years we're not finishing top 4 in basketball, we should be somewhere in the 4-8 range.

Last edited:

1 team with a winning regular season big 10 record.............1

Similar to the expectations of the football team being able to compete for the Big 10 West Title every year. I think we should expect the Gophers to compete for a Top 4-5 finish every year in basketball. That doesn't mean you have to do it year in and year out, but you've got to be able to compete.

In the years we're not winning the Big 10 West in football, we should be just a game out. In the years we're not finishing top 4 in basketball, we should be somewhere in the 4-8 range.
Especially by year 8 ! I have no problem with a coach taking over a mediocre program and losing the first few years as long as they have built a identity and established a culture. First thing is never cutting it short on character.

We want to know why Rick had runners whenever he attended Richard’s games. We want names. We want to know what sort of leverage the Pitinos have over the admin. We suspect those things are related. We want answers.

Top Bottom