Shama: Croft Debut for U? Don’t Be Surprised

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Circumstances could be right for true freshman quarterback Demry Croft to play his first minutes and make his initial start for the Gophers on Saturday.

Minnesota, 2-1, plays Ohio, 3-0, in the Gophers final nonconference game on Saturday. The crowd at TCF Bank Stadium will be ready to second-guess a Minnesota offense that has produced only five touchdowns this season, including just one score against mediocre Kent State last Saturday.

Boos at the Kent State game seemed mostly directed at starting quarterback Mitch Leidner and the play calling of the coaching staff. Leidner, now in his second season as a full-time starter, has long been a target of critics because of inconsistent passing. He has sometimes received blame when it was the failure of others who didn’t complete their assignments.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Pretty high level stuff there.

I'm just terrified Kill and Co. will be ultra conservative and just stick it out with Mitch... need more to believe.

I'm not agreeing....

“Surprised, Eddie? If I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised that I am right now.”

I have a feeling Leidner gets the start, but look for Croft to get some minutes in there, possibly for a drive or two. Should be interesting, but hopefully Leidner looks sharp and bounces back strong here. I think that's what we all want, but the natives are getting restless.....

Leidner did not have a good game last week. His offensive line was decimated and the team could not run the ball. His receivers didn't help him much. That was then. This week we'll see Several healthy, highly thought of, freshmen lineman. This week our young receivers will be a week older. We'll see how Mitch responds under real pressure.

I think this will be the week that was and the last 1 1/2 quarters we'll see how Croft handles himself. We'll be good to go into Northweatern.

We will see Croft in the first half today. By plan, not because of poor ML7 play.

Croft

We will see Croft in the first half today. By plan, not because of poor ML7 play.

Amen brother. Looking forward to this one and it's going be just a gorgeous Fall day, too! Can't wait!!

Amen brother. Looking forward to this one and it's going be just a gorgeous Fall day, too! Can't wait!!

Yeah, and we will probably do something creative like a draw play for a 1 yard gain. With the lack of creativity shown by Limey last week, I am not confident going into this game that we are going to see much creativity in the play calling. I hope I am wrong. But I think that this will be a very tough game.

Wow, Steve Hutchinson. Hope to hear some insight on the blocking today.

Top Bottom