Shama: Coughlin Gets “Mr. Minnesota” Tag

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

As the 9-1 Gophers prepare for their final regular season road game Saturday at Northwestern, it’s a reminder this fall’s drive for a Big Ten West Division championship has been led by many contributors, including seniors like defensive end Carter Coughlin, who are nearing the end of their careers.

Winston DeLattiboudere, a senior who is Minnesota’s other starting defensive end, singled out Coughlin for his leadership, referring to the former Eden Prairie all-stater as the “glue” helping to bond the team. Coughlin took a leadership role early in his career at Minnesota including taking teammates to the family cabin, a new experience for DeLattiboudere, who is from Baltimore.

DeLattiboudere calls Coughlin “Mr. Minnesota” because his teammate is knowledgeable about football, the Gophers and how things work in the state. “You can always go to Carter, and Carter will always help you out,” DeLattiboudere said.

Coughlin’s leadership is so fitting given his family legacy at the University of Minnesota. His father Robert Coughlin played football for the Gophers, as did his uncle Mike Moe and grandfather Tom Moe, who also was interim athletic director of the University of Minnesota’s Athletic Department from 1999-2002. Coughlin’s mom, Jennie (Moe) Coughlin, was a three-time all-conference tennis player for Minnesota.

Go Gophers!!

Carter - You have been great to a grateful Gopher public. Thank you young man!

It would have been nice if other legacy kids decide to play for the Gophers. I would've loved to see Quinn Carroll in Gophers' uni.

Carter is a perfect example of a talented kid who chose to stay home. I'll always remember when he announced his commitment. We owe alot of this year's success to him.

A fine young man.

On a side note. I am sad to report that my childhood hero and namesake sadly passed away last night. RIP Mr. Fred Cox.:cry:

Tom Moe was the athletic director from 2000-2002, interim from only 1999-2000. Nice fact checking, Shama.

Tom Moe was the athletic director from 2000-2002, interim from only 1999-2000. Nice fact checking, Shama.
Carters Grandfather Tom Moe, I believe is the only Gopher athlete to play on a Big Ten Championship team and National Championship team in two sports at the Uof M. The 1960 baseball team and the 1960 football team. The Moe/Coughlin families not only were good athletes but super nice people. I am sure glad Carter stayed home and loyal to our state university. He certainly deserves all the accolades that come to him this year.

Top Bottom