Shama: Conversation started awhile ago that freshman forward Pharrel Payne from Cottage Grove will have pro scouts following him.

I smell our first Freshman B10 performer
I smell that too, and Payne is going to be a real surprise for a lot of people. However, he does have some growth in his shooting and offensive game in general before he can be considered a legitimate pro prospect. I think he'll get there, and the thought of he and Dennis Evans as a pair on the Gophers front line is really enticing. Talk about interior defense and rebounding! C'mon Dennis, enough!

I smell that too, and Payne is going to be a real surprise for a lot of people. However, he does have some growth in his shooting and offensive game in general before he can be considered a legitimate pro prospect. I think he'll get there, and the thought of he and Dennis Evans as a pair on the Gophers front line is really enticing. Talk about interior defense and rebounding! C'mon Dennis, enough!
He does but the NBA absolutely salivates over legit post players who can hedge a PNR.

You're right that he has a ton to develop but I'm not surprised the mold is catching attention.

Top Bottom