Series at Wisconsin 2/6, 2/7

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Not sure why this series is on Thursday and Friday, but probably going to go to the Friday game. There are still tickets available through the Wisconsin athletic dept. Anyone know if there a certain part of the arena where visitors sit?

I think it depends what you're looking for. If you look at a map, there is a student section at one end, and a family section at the other end. So if you're drinking, you might want to find out if they have rules similar to Target Field, where there is no alcohol allowed in the family section.

You can probably find students trying to sell their tickets for beer money. We asked the concierge at the hotel we stayed at last year where we could get tickets, and he said that there was a board where students sold tickets. He put a message on there, and had like 5 replies in the first 5 minutes. We got one of the students number, and walked over to her dorm, which was right by the Kohl Center. We met her in the lobby, and bought the ticket for like $15. So, if you know anyone attending UW, you might want to see if they're familiar with this board, or know of anyone wanting to sell tickets. If it's anything like last year, if you don't want to sit in the student section, there are plenty of empty seats around the rink.

Having never been to a game in Wisconsin before, I got the feeling from watching the games on TV that the place was always packed, and a little crazy. Not the case. The place was about 3/4 full on the first level, and there were people scattered up top. But from what I've heard, you don't want to sit up top, because you lose some vision of the ice up there.

Just some thoughts. Hope that helps a little bit.

I think it depends what you're looking for. If you look at a map, there is a student section at one end, and a family section at the other end. So if you're drinking, you might want to find out if they have rules similar to Target Field, where there is no alcohol allowed in the family section.

You can probably find students trying to sell their tickets for beer money. We asked the concierge at the hotel we stayed at last year where we could get tickets, and he said that there was a board where students sold tickets. He put a message on there, and had like 5 replies in the first 5 minutes. We got one of the students number, and walked over to her dorm, which was right by the Kohl Center. We met her in the lobby, and bought the ticket for like $15. So, if you know anyone attending UW, you might want to see if they're familiar with this board, or know of anyone wanting to sell tickets. If it's anything like last year, if you don't want to sit in the student section, there are plenty of empty seats around the rink.

Having never been to a game in Wisconsin before, I got the feeling from watching the games on TV that the place was always packed, and a little crazy. Not the case. The place was about 3/4 full on the first level, and there were people scattered up top. But from what I've heard, you don't want to sit up top, because you lose some vision of the ice up there.

Thanks. So you guys sat in the student section or just found open seats somewhere else?

...But from what I've heard, you don't want to sit up top, because you lose some vision of the ice up there.

Well that's a pretty stupid design for a modern arena.

Thanks. So you guys sat in the student section or just found open seats somewhere else?

I was working the game, but my wife bought a ticket in the student section, and sat there. She could have sat anywhere, but she thought it was pretty fun. The fold out table they had me sitting at was at the top of the lower level, not too far from the Student section.

There is an old guy who has apparently been going to Badger hockey games forever, and he sits down in the corner almost on the glass. The Badgers scored first in that game, and they went through some thing where pretty much everyone in the arena was watching and reacting as he stood up and held up the number one with his finger, and went back and forth. Funniest thing I saw was three guys in Gopher jersey's mocking him by making the same gestures every time the Gophers scored!

Well that's a pretty stupid design for a modern arena.

Well, before this year, when they added taller seats, and adjusted the work "bench" in Mariucci Arena, you used to have to lean over to be able to see the benches, and about 3 feet out from the benches. And that is a hockey venue.

I'm guessing the flaw in their planning at the Kohl Center, is they built it with Basketball in mind. And that's just sad, because hockey should never take a back seat to Basketball! ;)

Top Bottom