Sellouts? @ TCF Bank

Yew512

Is it September yet?
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how many season ticket holders have there tickets up for sale at sites like stubhub. As a season ticket holder myself I am somewhat bothered by this. If your not going to use the tickets yourself give them to a gopher fan. Do not allow rivals to buy them up. Better yet don't buy the tickets, drop yourself from the season ticket list and let 1 of the 1300 on the waiting list buy them up. So much for blocking out whisky or hawk fans. I better not have a sellout by me. Good day!

Another great idea-- get to know the people on each side of you or below and above you. If you can't use your tickets I am sure they would love to buy or trade tickets with you. I know I happen to have my seats next to ForestLaker--if it comes to a point where I cannot use tickets he (or she-- never met them) woudl be the first people I ask if they are interested in buying the tickets to bring friends or family to an occasional game.

For all you season ticket holders-- by the end of the first few games you should all introduce yourself to others around you

Maroon92.
I won't get down to all the games. Check with me if you need extras.

For those looking for a donation, send your tickets to TixForTots at least one week B4 each game. They give the tickets to kids who would never get to a game otherwise and you get a tax deduction.

It's capitalism, it happens everywhere. If people can make some money on their tickets, some are going to choose to sell them. With high demand and hype for the new stadium, it will probably happen a fair bit this year....

Logic Issues

Has anyone noticed how many season ticket holders have there tickets up for sale at sites like stubhub. As a season ticket holder myself I am somewhat bothered by this. If your not going to use the tickets yourself give them to a gopher fan. Do not allow rivals to buy them up. Better yet don't buy the tickets, drop yourself from the season ticket list and let 1 of the 1300 on the waiting list buy them up. So much for blocking out whisky or hawk fans. I better not have a sellout by me. Good day!

Issues in Logic
1) Assuming the fan is a Gopher fan. Could be a scalper could be any body.
2) They are for sale, but don't assume anyone will pay those prices. They are not ebay auctions, they are prices people made up without any kind of market demand.
3) I would not give any of my tickets away. Also I will often sell them to the highest bidder myself online. I paid a ton of money for the tickets. I will error on the side of a Gopher fan, but when it comes down to it I have friends that went to many schools. I don't think I am going to necessarily waste my time selling to Gopher fans especially when most sites have anonymous sales till the time of sale. All the gopher fans that can generally afford tickets will be at the game already. If the prices are hundreds of dollars per ticket, we just have to face it many Gopher fans just won't understand why the tickets have those values. Other big ten fans will get it, but not Minny fans. Also, my friends that don't have tickets. They are not going to pony up what I paid per game to see the game. They will say... how much? I'll pass.

we seriously just need to win the games. Do that, and wiscy fans will regret coming to the game. That is better than them not showing up at all. If they somehow get tickets, whatever, but lets send them home with their heads down.

Better yet, we should do our very best to put more and more gold in madison and iowa city each year.

I will NEVER sell my tickets to a fan of the opposing team. NEVER!

My wife and I have 4 tickets. Our boys (6 & 8) aren't old enough to attend night games or some of the more heated conference games (where language and behavior exceeds what I will expose them to). So, there are about 4 or 5 games a year where we find friends to take, donate them to a silent auction at our school, etc.

Two of the friends we bring every other year are Iowa fans. I view this as very different than selling them to Iowa fans. They also bring us to Kinnick with their tickets.

I'm not going to chastise those who choose to sell tickets to fans of the opposing team, but I will say that it seems like there are a lot of other options that would demonstrate their loyalty to the Maroon & Gold.

I also do the exchange thing with a friend. He brings me to Lambeau and Camp Randall. I bring him to Vikings and Gophers. So I'll likely have a guy in red next to me on Oct. 3.

CP -

Ditto on that one. My buddy and I do the same thing. The Packers play the Vikings here Monday 10/5, so we are making a whole weekend out of it. Gopher/Badgers on Sat., last Twins game in the dome on Sun, Vikings/Packers on Monday. It would have been perfect if the Twins would have been playing the Brewers that weekend! But still will be an awesome sports weekend

I'm all for fans keeping their tickets obviously. I've never sold a ticket. I give them to Gopher friends. That said, how many tickets are up for sale? 50, 100, 200? I doubt it's more than that. That's out of 47,000 Gopher season tickets (including students)

You're never, ever going to keep all wiscy/iowa fans out. It's impossible. Especially in the Twin cities with all the grads from each school living here. This may be there only chance to see their team every two years. It's going to happen.

It's just nice not to see 15,000 of them. Of course the best solution is winning and beating Iowa and Wisconsin. You'd be amazed I bet how little fun it is going to a game if you think you're going to get your brains beat in. Our time is coming.

There are a grand total of 5 listings on Stub Hub trying to sell season tickets. There are 91 listings trying to sell tickets to the Air Force game. There are 86 listings for Cal. There are 88 listings for the Bucky game.

By way of comparison, there are 22 listings on Stub Hub trying to sell Iowa season tickets. There are 96 listings for their game against Northern Iowa. There are 91 listings for their game against Arizona. And, 93 listings for Michigan.

For further comparison, there are 13 listings on Stub Hub trying to sell Wisconsin season tickets. There are 153 listings for their game against Northern Illinois and against Iowa. There are 147 listings for their home game against Fresno State. There are 157 listings for their Michigan game.

So, it appears that Minnesota is actually a little "better" in this regard than our neighboring rivals.

Thanks. Pretty much as I suspected. People need to chill about these tickets a little bit. It's not that big a deal.

We will be like most other school now, instead of infested with 15-20k visiting fans. Go to Wisconsin sometime. We have plenty of Minnesota fans in the stands. They will not be very noticeable in TCF.

Has anyone noticed how many season ticket holders have there tickets up for sale at sites like stubhub.

Yes. I've noticed. There are precious few posted on the usual sites, and they are seling for top dollar. About 10-15 times as much as at the metrodome.

TJGopher,

Great job of putting this issue in perspective.

TixForTots: Support that program, imo.

Top Bottom