Seat Selection Stats

old chap

Section 211-Row 15
Reaction score
I've done some quick analysis of the seat selection so far for those interested.

As of 4/8

Selected Seats - 3,213

Gopher Side - 66%
Visitor Side - 34%

Upper Deck - 25%
Lower Deck - 75%

$500 - 39%
$250 - 22%
$100 - 3%
None - 36%

Nice work. As someone who is preferring to sit on the visitor side, I'm happy that most people are opting for the home side.

Parking

Thanks OC. I started to figure out the percentages to date but stopped.

Do you (or anyone) see any way to determine how parking is going? I was surprised to see that they limited the available sites...but in the end I guess it makes sense...they want as many full lots as possible instead of most/all in an almost full state.

I'm in the 16,000s for ranking so I'll just be happy I'm in the facility. I don't know if there's any surprises in the percentages to date.

Go Gophers! Beat Air Force!

sidelines vs endlines

What is the percent of the people who have chosen benches vs chair backs? Has anyone selected seats in the few rows int he open end by the scoreboard or in either corner near the students by the closed endzone?

I didn't check today but when I checked yesterday I didn't notice any non-chairback seats being selected yet.

I have freking 40 days left until I select my seats!!! WHY!!?? OH WHY!??!!:cry:

I don't have any info on parking, but that St Paul lot doesn't seem to be filling up much at all. I don't think you'd have any trouble getting a spot there at 16,000.

I'm only tracking the chairback sections, but that said, I haven't seen any selections outside of the chairbacks yet. I think it is unlikely we'd see any for at least another couple of weeks.

One other note, section 138 has definitely become the "no-donation" section of choice with twice as many seats selected there as any other "no-donation" section at this point.

Including seats taken by the AD, here are the % of donation seats already taken....based on 3500/5000/1800.

$500 - 35%
$250 - 19%
$100 - 13%

I pick on Tuesday, and I still have no idea what I am going to do... Too many choices... No matter what-I will not have the choice seats I have had for ever.

I think the U screwed up by not making all chair backs $100 donation seats. There are just over 1/3 of the season ticket holders so far with the very high priority choosing to not pay anything extra and they still get a back rest. I'm sure the U will sell cushions with a back as an option for the rest of us in the bench seating for around $50 a season so it's only fair to pay extra for all chair backs seats. I would gladly pay $100 extra for any chair.

On-line selection

For those of you who have already selected, was it easy to maneuver on-line to select your seats? Brother & I have 2 seats each, so in order to continue getting our 4 seats together we have to go on-line at the same time. Will that be much of a hassle? Thanks in advance.

I find it funny that you are doing this because I am doing the same thing. I know how many seats are in every section and even have it broken out by visitors and students and athletic department. So far the stats look good for me as I need about 46% of the people picking in front of me to pay extra for their seats. So hopefully this trend continues but there appears to be a large up kick in people picking non donation seats this week compared to last week.

Selection Sunday...My dad and I are doing the same thing, in fact we both have the day off work and he is coming over and since we have two computers in our house it should work great. From what I have read and seen it doesn't sound like it should be that difficult.

I think the U screwed up by not making all chair backs $100 donation seats. There are just over 1/3 of the season ticket holders so far with the very high priority choosing to not pay anything extra and they still get a back rest. I'm sure the U will sell cushions with a back as an option for the rest of us in the bench seating for around $50 a season so it's only fair to pay extra for all chair backs seats. I would gladly pay $100 extra for any chair.

I'm sure the decision was based on a few factors. First, they probably surveyed some season ticket holders with higher priority to gauge reaction to seat fees and estimate demand. Second, I think that probably would have made the % of seats with fees too high. In other words TCF would suddenly be outside the norm for B10 stadiums with fees. That plus the fact that demand for Gopher football is still fluid rather than constant leads me to believe that the U would err on too few than too many priority seats. Lastly, I suspect that this was also a PR move. If all seatbacks had additional fees I can almost guarantee that some older fans with limited incomes would be forced into benches versus now when those folks with prime seats who don't want to pay more can simply choose to sit between the goal lines and the 20's.

Well, the seats I had been eyeing are gone

And I have a few weeks yet before I pick....

Bummer....

I thought I had a good shot at them, but apparently lots of others had the same idea as me.....

If you are reading this, and during the first game someone comes along and accuses you of buying his seats out from under him and lets loose a big ol fart in your face...that would be me....

Enjoy!

Question!

I pick my seats in less than two hours and I just can't decide. If all of you had the choice between lower level, rows 26-29 or upper level, rows 2-3 what would you choose? I know we will be in either section 113 or 213 but I want to make sure the veiw will be good enough from the lower level. The upper level looks like it might actually be a better view?

What would you guys pick? I'm stressin' out over this. My family is out of town so I need to pick our seats for all five of us.

You can't go wrong with either selection...

I pick my seats in less than two hours and I just can't decide. If all of you had the choice between lower level, rows 26-29 or upper level, rows 2-3 what would you choose? I know we will be in either section 113 or 213 but I want to make sure the veiw will be good enough from the lower level. The upper level looks like it might actually be a better view?

What would you guys pick? I'm stressin' out over this. My family is out of town so I need to pick our seats for all five of us.

I would probably go row 2 in the upper deck over being in a high row of the lower lever. Just me though.

I just worry that the lower level isn't steep enough. It looks like a gradual incline rather than a steep incline but I've been upper deck at the dome for the last 25 years so lower level appeals to me. I'm leaning towards 113 rows 25-28, although I haven't been on the site since last night so who knows what's been chosen so far today.

Help!

I am having issues seeing what seats have been selected so far.

When I go to view the flash document, it shows pretty much all seats (save the club and student sections) as available.

any ideas?

I just finished selection of my seats. Man, I honestly couldn't decide right up til the last minute. I literally used up all 30 minutes of our alloted time. We ended up with section 113, row 26, seats 20-24 right on the aisle. Chose those over section 213, row 2. We've been in the upper deck at the dome for the last 27 years, I think that played a huge part in wanting to be in the lower level. But man, row 2 in the upper deck sure looked like a great view. I'm happy though.

Good luck to those who still have to select! What a smooth process that was. They couldn't have made it any easier for us.

?

I just finished selection of my seats. Man, I honestly couldn't decide right up til the last minute. I literally used up all 30 minutes of our alloted time. We ended up with section 113, row 26, seats 20-24 right on the aisle. Chose those over section 213, row 2. We've been in the upper deck at the dome for the last 27 years, I think that played a huge part in wanting to be in the lower level. But man, row 2 in the upper deck sure looked like a great view. I'm happy though.

Good luck to those who still have to select! What a smooth process that was. They couldn't have made it any easier for us.

Did you pick any parking?

We picked the Oak Street ramp. I refuse to tailgate in St. Paul and shuttle over to campus. We're hoping the bars in Stadium Village and Dinkytown will set up tents in their lots and party that way. That's what we do in Madison and we love it.

DMB, congrats on your seat selections. Can you tell us what your Seat Priority Rankings were?

I can't remember our point total, but we were something like 92.50%, so we were in the top 8th percentile to choose. Our season ticket priority goes back to 1973 which is what gave us all of our points.

Thanks. Based on your info, I am guessing your seat rankings were probably around 3400.

I just finished selection of my seats. Man, I honestly couldn't decide right up til the last minute. I literally used up all 30 minutes of our alloted time.

I reviewed the final seat selection guide that was mailed out a couple weeks ago, and it says on page 2 that "season ticket holders will enter the selection process every 5 minutes". You stated that you used your entire 30 minutes of time. Are they allowing those with the most gopher points like yourself 30 minutes of time to pick seats, and shrinking that time down to 5 minutes when they get down to those with lower levels of gopher points?

I am guessing they are doing something like this because I would expect more seats to be gone by this point if they were really allowing new ticket holders in every 5 minutes.

I talked to the Ticket Office earlier this afternoon and they said that they purposely started out slower in order to iron out the bugs in the system. At the end of today 3,446 of the seats will have been selected. They said the selection process will start to speed up very soon.

That's a good question. It was actually more than 30 minutes because the clock didn't start until I clicked the mouse on the first seat I selected. Once I did that it started ticking down from 30 minutes and the seats I chose would have become available again if I hadn't hit the submit button before the time ran down.

I knew going in I had 30 minutes to select the seats because I read it on gophersports.com, but that was after I logged into my account so maybe that was specific to my account (and others who pick early). I wouldn't worry though, there's no need for a full 30 minutes. I'm just incredibly indecisive and the other four people in my group are out of town so they had to trust me to pick the best available. The pressure was on!

I just got off the phone with the ticket office. They said the first week, 1 account was allowed in every 5 minutes. Week two (this week), two accounts are allowed in every 5 minutes.

The pattern then continues like this:
Week 3- three accounts per 5 min
Week 4- four accounts per 5 min
week 5 and beyond- five accounts per 5 min.

Once you click on a particular seat, the ticket office holds that seat for you for 30 minutes. If you do not submit your selection by the 30 minute deadline, that seat becomes available to everyone again. This is the "30 minutes" that DMB is referring to.

Hopefully this clears things up, long story short seats will start getting selected much more rapidly in the coming weeks.

I reviewed the final seat selection guide that was mailed out a couple weeks ago, and it says on page 2 that "season ticket holders will enter the selection process every 5 minutes". You stated that you used your entire 30 minutes of time. Are they allowing those with the most gopher points like yourself 30 minutes of time to pick seats, and shrinking that time down to 5 minutes when they get down to those with lower levels of gopher points?

I am guessing they are doing something like this because I would expect more seats to be gone by this point if they were really allowing new ticket holders in every 5 minutes.

The 5 minutes refers to the intervals between new groups of ticket holders while the 30 minutes is the time you have to finish selecting all your seats once you've picked your first seat. After the 30 minutes the seats you are holding are released and anyone else can pick them.

Here is a made up example...I and 3 other season ticket accounts get to select at 11am. At 11:05, four more accounts can start picking. The same thing at 11:10 and so on. At 11:03 I select my first seat. I have 30 minutes (until 11:33) to finish picking my seats. At that time any seats I have selected will be released. You can release selected seats at any time if you decide you want to sit somewhere else. But be aware that the second these seats are released anyone else can pick them. You will also be able to see seats that are selected but not finalized by other people picking at that time.

If you haven't already, I'd really recommend watching the 8 minute "How To/FAQ" video that the U has created for the seat selection process. It goes through all of this stuff in pretty good detail.

DMB, congrats on your seat selections. Can you tell us what your Seat Priority Rankings were?
Finally got an answer to your question. Our group's rankings were 3,014-3,018. Our point totals were 3,888.62 points. 99% of those points were loyalty points. We didn't donate any money over the years besides those game 3 tickets for the first round of the WCHA playoffs at Mariucci. If the series didn't go 3 games, which it rarely did, we would just donate the money from the third game to the athletic department rather than having the ticket office mail our money back.

Top Bottom