Season ticket holder message from Ben Johnson

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
They emailed this. I haven’t watched it yet, figured I’d share it here. Will watch when baby is up and I can have volume.

The guy just does nothing for me. I want to be excited, but even hearing him talk. It's just blah. So generic.
I doubt you have any eligibility left anyway....or for that matter would have been able to play in the B1G

He wants the job. He wants our support. I look forward to a more specific ask for support from season ticket holders. I also look for a price reduction next year. I don’t expect it though.

He wants the job. He wants our support. I look forward to a more specific ask for support from season ticket holders. I also look for a price reduction next year. I don’t expect it though.
They asked for STHers to pay 110%...to give as much as the athletes do. This is not a joke. Or a criticism. It is a fact.

exact message:
Your investment in Gopher student-athletes has the power to make their dreams come true. To help meet the demands of the current college athletics landscape, we are asking supporters of Gopher Athletics to match the effort of our student-athletes by giving an extra 10% this year.

Please consider adding 10% to your season ticket order when renewing your commitment for 2021-22.

I doubt you have any eligibility left anyway....or for that matter would have been able to play in the B1G

Nope, but I've trained plenty of sales people, many who went on to be in the top 1%/president's club etc.

I'm not saying there's a correlation between being a sales person and being a coach who is suppose to be an elite recruiter, but from the press conference and this video, he does not have IT ( i also watched other youtube videos he did to research him more and give as an educated opinion as i can, you can go spend a few hours doing what i did and then get back to me if you like)

and yes, after spending most of your life doing what I did, you learn a little bit about finding people with the IT factor.

They asked for STHers to pay 110%...to give as much as the athletes do. This is not a joke. Or a criticism. It is a fact.

exact message:
Your investment in Gopher student-athletes has the power to make their dreams come true. To help meet the demands of the current college athletics landscape, we are asking supporters of Gopher Athletics to match the effort of our student-athletes by giving an extra 10% this year.

Please consider adding 10% to your season ticket order when renewing your commitment for 2021-22.
Same request on the football season ticket renewal. They are desperate to increase donations. Expect to see multiple initiatives to try to raise money. Who knows, maybe one of these appeals will might strike your fancy and get you to donate or increase whatever donations you already make.

Same request on the football season ticket renewal. They are desperate to increase donations. Expect to see multiple initiatives to try to raise money. Who knows, maybe one of these appeals will might strike your fancy and get you to donate or increase whatever donations you already make.
I know. I was saying ticket prices aren’t going down as the poster I replied to had hoped.

Nope, but I've trained plenty of sales people, many who went on to be in the top 1%/president's club etc.

I'm not saying there's a correlation between being a sales person and being a coach who is suppose to be an elite recruiter, but from the press conference and this video, he does not have IT ( i also watched other youtube videos he did to research him more and give as an educated opinion as i can, you can go spend a few hours doing what i did and then get back to me if you like)

and yes, after spending most of your life doing what I did, you learn a little bit about finding people with the IT factor.
So, I may consult you in your area of expertise. I'll trust Mark Coyle in his. He wants and needs the basketball coach to be successful, so he's going to hire someone he believes can deliver. We will see, and while initially disappointed, I am going to get behind Ben. And, as I hear him speak I can see why people like him. He doesn't sound like he is selling, he sounds genuine and sincere in his passion for this job.

Couldn't agree more. Someone on another thread compared him to Marc Trestmann. Spot on comparison

Top Bottom