Seantrel

I love the thought, but it does not hold any weight as he even stated "it is just a "feeling" and "don't hold his feet to the fire."

I thought that somewhere else is the hole someone noted that his HS coach or someone like that said that he would really like it if he could stay home near his friends and family? This would seem to back the article a bit and vice-versa. Not totally sure if I didn't completely make this up but I thought I read that on another thread...

Seems to be talking off the top of his head. Fact is that Seantrel can get everything at Minnesota he'd get anywhere else - All-America, Heisman consideration, fame, high NFL draft placement, PLUS he'd be a lifetime hero in his home state, in a metro area with three million people. I wonder why he doesn't think of those things. If he plays for Michigan or Ohio State, he's a traitor. If for Notre Dame or USC, he gets no more honors and ink than at Minnesota.

Seems to be talking off the top of his head. Fact is that Seantrel can get everything at Minnesota he'd get anywhere else - All-America, Heisman consideration, fame, high NFL draft placement, PLUS he'd be a lifetime hero in his home state, in a metro area with three million people. I wonder why he doesn't think of those things. If he plays for Michigan or Ohio State, he's a traitor. If for Notre Dame or USC, he gets no more honors and ink than at Minnesota.

Maybe he is thinking of these things.... I'm sure Brewster reminds him everytime they communicate.... Until he signs that committment letter next Feb, I would be willing to bet that these things and a lot more will be on his mind....

Quote: Seems to be talking off the top of his head. Fact is that Seantrel can get everything at Minnesota he'd get anywhere else

One thing that Seantral won't be able to get at the U is living away from home in another state for the next four years. Some high schoolers think that would be an invaluable part of their college experience.

He can get the living away from home part down when he moves on to the NFL. Ohio State, Florida, USC - he's just another High School All-American.

Minnesota? He would be a legend.

(This is just me campaigning)

He's not going to get that any where he goes. O-Lineman don't get considered for the Heisman, unfortunately.

Um no. The kid can go where he wants. I'd prefer that be the U, but honestly, he's not a traitor if he wants to go somewhere else. About the only way he gets close to "traitor" status is if he verbals to us and then switches on/before signing day.

I do not feel he is a traitor if he chooses to play elsewhere in the Big Ten. The Big Ten needs all the top talent it can recruit and the number 1 player in the nation is the place to start. I'd love it if he chose to kill 2 birds with one stone and chose the U, but if he decides not to attend the U, then I hope it is a Big Ten team.

Top Bottom