Seantrel Henderson

MGGopher

Reaction score
I know many here will reply with the answer "who cares...he didn't come here," but I found it interesting that buried in Sid's column today was the tidbit that Seantrel is 3rd on the depth chart and played about 15 snaps (all in the 4th quarter) in yesterday's game. It begs two questions, in my mind:

1) Would he have been starting had he come here? I'm not so sure, given the way Ed Olson has developed.

2) Why do some feel that Gjere should have come in and contributed right away? Granted, he's a nice player (and could eventually be a star), but O-Line is a tough place to play as a true freshman--as the #1 recruit in the nation has shown us.

I'm probably wrong, but does that disqualify him from a redshirt possibility this season?

The Gophs do not have to and should not play Gjere. That is smart and redshirt as many as they can. In 2 years he will be ready to start. Play some next yr. to get his feet wet and be ready. Thats how big time pgms. do. I think that Mia. is afraid Sentral will leave, so might as well play him now. We did not miss anything with him.

It is good to see a poster thinking about the Gophers in terms of a big time program. We are now just getting a two deep that begins to resemble a big time program or at least one that can compete with them from time to time. The Gophers will surprise a lot of you this year.

8 wins with this schedule is possible and more likely than only 4 wins.

MTSU (with Kilgore) was a much better team than we are giving them credit for being.

Ed Olson will likely turn out to be a good Big 10 OL, but I doubt he'd be any higher than 3rd string on most teams. He was 2nd string here until thee Alford suspension.

8 Wins More Likely than 4....

Absolutely preposterous.

Right....

Ed Olson will likely turn out to be a good Big 10 OL, but I doubt he'd be any higher than 3rd string on most teams. He was 2nd string here until thee Alford suspension.
Based on what? What a ridiculous statement. How exactly do you go about proving this? Well I think whoever is great so his backup must be good too. Well I think bagels are overrated, so that mean that is true too.:rolleyes:

so, what would 6 wins be?

Absolutely preposterous.

Well? 4 is what you think, 8 is possible. I have been in the 6 win camp all along. Does that make my take mostly preposterous? Where do you get that from? The afternoon dick on KFAN?

Top Bottom