Sean Tyler?

akgo4

Reaction score
Is Sean Tyler fixable at this point? Came in with a lot of hype and has put the ball on the carpet more proportionately that anybody I've ever seen.... They keep trying to find a way to get him onto the field and he keeps fumbling himself off....

Kind of have to at least keep him alive in depth chart because of how bad RB depth is

But no, I don’t think he is fixable in 2023

Going to be hard to win back too much trust at this point. Especially if we keep getting other guys back.

No please do all we can to not allow him the opportunity to put the ball on the carpet anymore this year.

I am pretty confident we win the game fairly easily if Tyler is either A. Not back returning the opening kickoff or B. Calls for the fair catch like he absolutely should have.

This is another area where I blame the coaches more than they player. Tyler had a disasterous fumble to open last weeks game and Fleck essentially put him on ice the rest of the game...so you allow him to return the opening kick the next week? Ok that decisions made, but why aren't we fair catching the ball and taking it at the 25? How many returns this year have made it to the 25...much less gained yards past that point? Wenger is every bit as bad at special teams as Brian Ferentz is at OC. That fumble occurred on the 20 so we would have lost 5 yards of field position again if he simply hung on to the ball.

I will say that was a VERY weak fumble by Tyler, nothing like the strip sack of the Illinois QB or the punch out by Lindenberg later on. I don't think he handles the ball again in his Minnesota career.

If the ball is indeed the program, I don't see how PJ gives him another opportunity to handle the ball!

He is not worth fixing. He only has 3-4 games of eligibility remaining. Too risky to have him out there at this point.

He can't touch the ball. He has no value and fumbles away games. No.

Unless Fleck grinds all of our other RB's into powder and thus Tyler is literally the only option. But at that point they might as well throw someone else in the RB room out there.

Remember this is the staff who said Jordan Nubin was a 5th string running back .....

Not fixable, at least this season. The only way to ensure it's fixable is to run him through live tackling gauntlets in practice, but live contact is now limited. Bench.

Is Sean Tyler fixable at this point? Came in with a lot of hype and has put the ball on the carpet more proportionately that anybody I've ever seen.... They keep trying to find a way to get him onto the field and he keeps fumbling himself off....
To be fair about his hype is most of it was from members of the board

A player with a severe case of the yips this far into the season - I don't believe it can be salvaged. When he came off the field yesterday, underneath my frustration of yet another fumble, I felt bad for him. Had he run into the tunnel and left the stadium, I'm not sure I would have blamed him, and in the moment, I may have even encouraged it.

I'd say play him on special teams as a gunner to try and cause fumbles. Maybe if he understands how to dislodge the ball, he'll learn how to hang onto it.

To be fair about his hype is most of it was from members of the board
There may be a bit of that with #8, too, and when the player doesn't live up to the infalliable fantasy, they are dogshit.

NIL and the transfer portal just opened these kids up to levels of criticism I'm not entirely sure they are equipped to handle. Big time money brings big time scrutiny and most will not have the maturity or life experiences to properly manage.

Need to compare his fumble with the fumble the Gophers caused deep in Illinois territory. Illinois goes in for a touchdown, Gophers settle for field goal. Flip those results Gophers win. Have to take advantage of a short field.

Top Bottom