Scott Frost & USF?

He did well at UCF.....maybe he can go a little farther south and have similar luck at USF.

Interesting that the story says the USF job is Jon Gruden's if he wants it. Wonder if he is really interested in getting into college coaching. Looking at his career he has spent the vast majority of it in the NFL with just a little bit of time coaching college back in the late 80s.

He did well at UCF.....maybe he can go a little farther south and have similar luck at USF.
Yep USF is just a little south (more west) of Orlando. It's in north Tampa next to Busch Gardens. One would think "South" Florida would be more like Miami or even Fort Myers, but not Tampa.

Interesting that the story says the USF job is Jon Gruden's if he wants it. Wonder if he is really interested in getting into college coaching. Looking at his career he has spent the vast majority of it in the NFL with just a little bit of time coaching college back in the late 80s.
I don't see Gruden being a good college coach. He's a turbo football geek who's used to running sophisticated schemes with pros. If I were USF I would consider him for the name value in recruiting, but I think the match would flop.

Yep USF is just a little south (more west) of Orlando. It's in north Tampa next to Busch Gardens. One would think "South" Florida would be more like Miami or even Fort Myers, but not Tampa.
I thought the same when I moved to the area. Maybe it's a relic of history before the state developed as it has. I guess Northwestern ain't that northwest anymore either.

Caught lightning in a bottle at that level once.

If I ran a program like that I’d give him a try.

After the emails and his whole conspiracy theory the NFL was behind it… I dunno.

And his last run as a HC wasn’t great. We’re seen even good coaches fade / fall behind the game… or just phone it in later in life (Urban).

I think that would be a good landing spot for him, unless he can land an NFL assistant gig somewhere.

I thought the same when I moved to the area. Maybe it's a relic of history before the state developed as it has. I guess Northwestern ain't that northwest anymore either.
From Wikipedia: In 1957, the Florida Cabinet approved the name "University of South Florida". At the time, USF was the southernmost university in the state university system.

From Wikipedia: In 1957, the Florida Cabinet approved the name "University of South Florida". At the time, USF was the southernmost university in the state university system.
Also Michigan can’t even be:

🎶CHAMPIONS OF THE WEST🎶

I don't see Gruden being a good college coach. He's a turbo football geek who's used to running sophisticated schemes with pros. If I were USF I would consider him for the name value in recruiting, but I think the match would flop.
Yeah, but his disciple (Bill Callahan) turned out good for Nebraska.

Yeah, but his disciple (Bill Callahan) turned out good for Nebraska.
Good point. I was looking for an example like Gruden and Callahan is perfect. He used to have offensive schemes pros complained about the complexity of.

He was a poor fit as a college coach, especially at a school with a forever tradition as an option/run-first team.

Good point. I was looking for an example like Gruden and Callahan is perfect. He used to have offensive schemes pros complained about the complexity of.

He was a poor fit as a college coach, especially at a school with a forever tradition as an option/run-first team.
TCU had their “don’t go until you know” defense that was good.

Right up until they had DBs who couldn’t do discrete math on the field and suddenly it didn’t work at all….

except for the stories coming out of the raiders organization might make him toxic in recruiting

I hope that he cleans up his off-the-field issues for his sake and his family's.

Florida schools should be winning every year with the amount of talent down there

Hey I hear there might be a vacancy just to our east. He already has the red and white wardrobe. He has my vote to be their next coach

Top Bottom