Schools that Hawkins have heard from…

Let’s not kid ourselves, the deal was done before he entered the portal or he wouldn’t have done it. He already knows where he’s going.

I was wondering how we kept Hawkins. 3 or 4 times in here I asked "Is Coyle doing something behind the scenes we don't know about? How did we keep Hawkins? He's worth $500K."

Remember those?

So, reason I heard some of these guys like Hawkins have waited to jump in the portal is that they wait on their current school's NIL check to arrive...cash it and leave for a bigger payday.

That tactic would piss some people off around the country. Could get ugly...people rattin' on people etc If they did it...why can't we steal somebody too?

I’m hearing Texas Tech is the school Hawkins is considering. I might be totally off but that’s just words on the street. Lol!

So, reason I heard some of these guys like Hawkins have waited to jump in the portal is that they wait on their current school's NIL check to arrive...cash it and leave for a bigger payday.

That tactic would piss some people off around the country. Could get ugly...people rattin' on people etc If they did it...why can't we steal somebody too?

Parker Fox said the DTA collective pays 1/2 the money up front at the beginning of the season and then equal payments throughout the season.

No money paid in the offseason. But all collectives may handle it differently.

Let’s not kid ourselves, the deal was done before he entered the portal or he wouldn’t have done it. He already knows where he’s going.
100% correct.

He was coached to "wait for a little while, to make it look like you are considering where to go".

He was good, but very small on the defensive end. No B1G teams in the mix right now, was hoping to see Texas A&M on the list

If that list is accurate he was more than good

Took 3 years for Ben to find a pg, he won't have another 3
You didn’t think Payton Willis was any good?

And Elijah Hawkins was here last year, so by your math your implying he sucked too?

You didn’t think Payton Willis was any good?

And Elijah Hawkins was here last year, so by your math your implying he sucked too?
Last year was Ben's 3rd no?

And unless I am misremembering Ben didn't recruit Willis, nor was he a true pg

Last year was Ben's 3rd no?

And unless I am misremembering Ben didn't recruit Willis, nor was he a true pg
He recruited Willis. I thought he was fine.

And perhaps I’m splitting hairs too much on Hawkins. Seems he was found after 2, since he was here for year 3.

No matter, your follow up sorted it out for me.

I'll take Creighton in this fool's betting pool.

He wasn't, which is why he was in the NCAA tournament again this season. No PG is going to look good when Samuels, Carrington, and Henley are your other 'guards' on the team.
100%.

Cooper was among the least of our issues.

PG has not been a problem under Ben, especially relative to everything else.

I guess according to the title of the thread, there are plural Hawkin, and they have heard from several schools collectively. :cool:

Top Bottom