Scholarships ??????

station19

Reaction score
# of scholarships/players and ???

6 /Returning players-Hoff, Colt, Ralph, Rodney, D Joseph and Cobbs(?)
2 /New recruits-Elliason and Hollins
1 /Holding for Cory Joseph
1 /from Royce White
1 /from Paul Carter
1 /Trevor(?)
1 /Nolan(?)
___

Lots of question marks and the possibility of not much experience.

Nolen and trevor will be back, PC's will go to Royce, and then one CJ leaving one open for Mo

Scholarship grid and Royce's status

It seems like Maurice had a firm offer before Royce's latest and before Paul made his decision. From all of the material posted on this board, it sounds like he will committ to Tubby this weekend.

For this reason ,and for a few other reasons which we've rehashed over and over, I personally am very skeptical that Royce will ever re-enroll at the University of Minnesota. It just doesn't seem like it is one ofhis consistent priorities!

We only have 2 forwards on the roster now (and Trevor still has legal trouble)! If Royce could get his head straight and we brought him back on board, that would be huge because he can play both forward positions.

Who starts at SF now? Rodney? Or do we go 3 guards and start Hoff and Joseph along with Nolan/CJ?

Definitely a 3-guard starting lineup, but I hope Rodney is working on his game, because he will get a lot more play-time this year.

Definitely a 3-guard starting lineup, but I hope Rodney is working on his game, because he will get a lot more play-time this year.

Rodney doesn't need to work on his game as much as he needs to hit the weightroom and put on about 20 pounds of muscle.

Rodney doesn't need to work on his game as much as he needs to hit the weightroom and put on about 20 pounds of muscle.

No, he needs to work on his game.

Hopefully his Pro-am coach this summer plays him exclusively at PG.

Hoffarber is a SF

Either Nolen and Joseph or Joseph and Joseph will be the guards. You need to have two guards on the court that can both bring the ball up the court.

Rodney needs to improve his ball-handling a lot. To be a star, he will have to be able to create his own shot off-the-bounce. I'd venture that he did that about zero times last year.

No, he needs to work on his game.

Hopefully his Pro-am coach this summer plays him exclusively at PG.

Rodney has never been and will never be a PG. He doesn't need to play PG to improve his ballhandling.

Either Nolen and Joseph or Joseph and Joseph will be the guards. You need to have two guards on the court that can both bring the ball up the court.

Hoffarber can easily bring the ball up the court, and ideally is a SG. He has even played some PG in his tenure here at MN. That being said, I think the writing is on the wall for a three guard lineup next year with RW being our only true SF.

Top Bottom