Sam Freeman Enters Transfer Portal

Colton became a marked man by the refs for his aggressive play, and Tubby didn't like him personally for some reason. He for sure could have been a much better B1G player than he was and he was much better than Sam the day he walked on campus than Sam is now. I still like his potential to be a serviceable big, but is not worth fretting over if he chooses to go play in the WAC or Mountain West.
I almost forgot about that. No player in the history of basketball has been called for more phantom fouls than Colton Iverson.

A guy who did virtually nothing here and then had a great year elsewhere was Iverson several years back. It can happen.
I don't think Colt and Sam are comparable.

Sam Freeman played 30 minutes his freshman season. Colton Iverson played 28 minutes in his first game as a freshman. He started nearly the entire year, and averaged 18 mpg and shot 60% from the floor. He was also highly recruited, I believe he had an offer from Florida (back when they were close to a blue blood).

I liked his game and was disappointed to see him lose time to Ralph Sampson III and eventually transfer.

Colton became a marked man by the refs for his aggressive play, and Tubby didn't like him personally for some reason. He for sure could have been a much better B1G player than he was and he was much better than Sam the day he walked on campus than Sam is now. I still like his potential to be a serviceable big, but is not worth fretting over if he chooses to go play in the WAC or Mountain West.
the way I remember it was he got a T for elbowing Draymond Green in the face-- Green drops like a Duke player-- Colton gets the T and maybe tossed and replay shows he missed Green by about 6 inches. And never got a call after that.

Can’t disclose where I heard it but Freeman got mad when people on Twitter kept criticizing Sam. Turns out it was Uncle Sam and he didn’t realize it. Too bad

Iverson looked like a much better player to me when he was here than Freeman has so far. Always irked me that he didn't get more playing time. I wasn't surprised at all that he had such a good year for CSU.

Who knows how Freeman will develop. I'm not saying with any sort of certainty that he will never be an above average Big Ten center, I'm just saying up to this point, he hasn't been one. He's had some decent plays, but hasn't done anything that has made me excited about his future.
Tubby chose to cater to Ralph instead of ever playing Colton. I remember being at a Gopher practice days before a game and Colton dominated practice and got 13 min of game time

Top Bottom