Rutgers Is A Crossroads Game

SonoranGopher1

Reaction score
Reality is the Gophs were ranked #21 last week, with mega wins over some of the best teams in the country. The missed game vs Nebraska after a huge Michigan win was a big time bummer and a Rhythm spoiler. Tonight’s game vs Rutgers is big. Let’s go Gophers!

Crossroads (2002) starring Britney Spears

The point is after this game the Gophers are going one way or another way.

The point is after this game the Gophers are going one way or another way.
False.

Gophers were going only one direction when Coyle blinked and brought back Pitino for yet another disappointment of a season.

When my wife sat down to watch the last few minutes of the game, I said this is such a HUGE game, and they NEED to pull it out. It WAS a crossroads game, not just for the team but for Richard's job. The Lord helps those who help themselves, and he could've really helped himself by coaching that thing better down the stretch. It's strange we're still talking about him auditioning for this job in year 8; it speaks to how patient his bosses have been with him the whole time.

I have officially hit the point where I watch the Gophers on to have the Gophers on. I don't expect a win. I don't expect much from the season. It just is what is. Here we are again.

The problem is his dad. Rick is a gambling addict and his son shaves points for him. Mark my words. Archive this post. You are gonna have your minds blown.

It's strange we're still talking about him auditioning for this job in year 8; it speaks to how patient his bosses have been with him the whole time.

I would describe it as a combination of resignation and "sunk cost" thinking. The resignation part is the lowering of the bar to the extent where just having a decent year is grounds for renewal. The sunk cost part is the attitude of "We've invested this much time and money so far so we might as well see it through a little longer." I admit that 3 years ago he was still a bit too expensive to fire so the incremental cost of firing him was a significant consideration.

I would describe it as a combination of resignation and "sunk cost" thinking. The resignation part is the lowering of the bar to the extent where just having a decent year is grounds for renewal. The sunk cost part is the attitude of "We've invested this much time and money so far so we might as well see it through a little longer." I admit that 3 years ago he was still a bit too expensive to fire so the incremental cost of firing him was a significant consideration.
It's amazing how you end up coming around to being in that position. I vividly remember people saying that hiring a young coach at a low salary is a relatively low-cost and low-risk proposition. Take a flyer on him and painlessly cut bait if it doesn't pan out. You see the same thing happening with the Timberwolves right now. How long before Ryan is annually renewed based on the sunk-cost thinking?

Great post. Then after awhile 8-12 becomes better to more people. Until people demand more.

It's amazing how you end up coming around to being in that position. I vividly remember people saying that hiring a young coach at a low salary is a relatively low-cost and low-risk proposition. Take a flyer on him and painlessly cut bait if it doesn't pan out. You see the same thing happening with the Timberwolves right now. How long before Ryan is annually renewed based on the sunk-cost thinking?
Ryan will be fired at the end of the season if not sooner. Book it. Richard should be, but we'll see.

Top Bottom