Rutgers has fired Chris Ash

They should go back to Greg Schiano, they haven't been the same since he left. Or how about Bret Bielma?

Doesn’t seem like that yet. Offensive coordinator John McNulty was also fired. Tight ends coach Nunzio Campanile will serve as Interim Head Coach.
I meant for us. Extremely wishful thinking but I'm sure he'll find himself running a defense in no time.

Another opening for Jerry lol. He likes to move around a lot. Maybe TC.

They should go back to Greg Schiano, they haven't been the same since he left. Or how about Bret Bielma?

Bielema would be an interesting choice, if he and Rutgers were willing. He knows he to win in the Big Ten. Just not sure if anyone can ever win at Rutgers in the Big Ten. Division is too stacked against them.

Bielema would be an interesting choice, if he and Rutgers were willing. He knows he to win in the Big Ten. Just not sure if anyone can ever win at Rutgers in the Big Ten. Division is too stacked against them.

I was thinking maybe Bielema as well, but Schiano is the correct choice. Schiano and his abrasive personality are 100% NJ, he understands what it takes culturally to win there.

I was thinking maybe Bielema as well, but Schiano is the correct choice. Schiano and his abrasive personality are 100% NJ, he understands what it takes culturally to win there.

Well, he won in the (old) Big East, after Miami and Virginia Tech left. That's a bit different than winning a division with the Michigan's, Ohio St, and Penn St.

Well, he won in the (old) Big East, after Miami and Virginia Tech left. That's a bit different than winning a division with the Michigan's, Ohio St, and Penn St.

There's no guarantee for a program that's worse than a top end FCS school but Schiano is the most likely to succeed given the stacked B1G odds.

There's no guarantee for a program that's worse than a top end FCS school but Schiano is the most likely to succeed given the stacked B1G odds.

Could be exactly right. I just think it's tough to compare winning against teams like Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, UConn. Even WV left the conference for the Big 12.

Doesn’t seem like that yet. Offensive coordinator John McNulty was also fired. Tight ends coach Nunzio Campanile will serve as Interim Head Coach.

I hear tight end coaches make awesome head coaches.

I hear tight end coaches make awesome head coaches.

He has zero desire. He's doing exactly what he wants to do.

You might have noticed, they lost to Clemson on a bone-head decision to go for a 2pt conversion. Nonetheless, he wants to try to build up UNC to a Clemson level program.

He has zero desire. He's doing exactly what he wants to do.

You might have noticed, they lost to Clemson on a bone-head decision to go for a 2pt conversion. Nonetheless, he wants to try to build up UNC to a Clemson level program.

And I stand by my statement.

Personality wise really like Chris Ash. Feel bad for him. Rutgers is a relatively tough place to win but it is what it is, they sucked. He did marginally improve their defense from the couple years before he arrived but the offense was putrid throughout. With his pedigree as a coordinator I’d take him if Rossi doesn’t work out.

Personality wise really like Chris Ash. Feel bad for him. Rutgers is a relatively tough place to win but it is what it is, they sucked. He did marginally improve their defense from the couple years before he arrived but the offense was putrid throughout. With his pedigree as a coordinator I’d take him if Rossi doesn’t work out.
I agree.

Probably would have been smarter to climb the coaching ladder. That's in terms of the league not the program.

Not sure why the timing.
Everyone and their mother could’ve told you Rutgers would suck this year and probably be 1-3.
Including ash

So when the team achieves as you expect...why wouldn’t you either wait until game 12 OR fire him at the end of last season?
What changed this week compared to before Labor Day?

4:10 too funny

Those looks of pain and confusion are classic, but I didn’t see any laying down on the field so there’s that.

4:10 too funny

Those looks of pain and confusion are classic, but I didn’t see any laying down on the field so there’s that.

Easily the highlight of the film.

There was no QUIT in Rutgers.
Going for a FG at the end of a 56-0 game. That's fighting for every morsel.

Easily the highlight of the film.

There was no QUIT in Rutgers.
Going for a FG at the end of a 56-0 game. That's fighting for every morsel.

Was not expecting that.....was almost like the celebration scene in major league where Dorn decks Vaughn.

Not sure why the timing.
Everyone and their mother could’ve told you Rutgers would suck this year and probably be 1-3.
Including ash

So when the team achieves as you expect...why wouldn’t you either wait until game 12 OR fire him at the end of last season?
What changed this week compared to before Labor Day?

I guess they hope it gets prospective coaches interested in the program earlier?

Or maybe it was just too much to get crushed by a Michigan team that just gave a limp-___ effort against Wisconsin the week before. The straw that broke the camel's back?

Bruce Feldman from The Athletic:
"Two wild-card options are Minnesota’s P.J. Fleck and Mississippi State’s Joe Moorhead.

Fleck, 38, spent two seasons as Rutgers’ wide receiver coach (2010-11) and also went with Schiano to Tampa Bay. A dogged recruiter, Fleck already has done a lot of heavy lifting in getting the Gophers cranked up. In addition, Minnesota is in the much, much more favorable side of the Big Ten as a member of the West Division. While his buyout isn’t huge, it seems like a long shot that he’d be tempted by Rutgers."

https://theathletic.com/1251753/2019/09/29/rutgers-scarlet-knights-head-coaching-candidates/

Bruce Feldman from The Athletic:
"Two wild-card options are Minnesota’s P.J. Fleck and Mississippi State’s Joe Moorhead.

Fleck, 38, spent two seasons as Rutgers’ wide receiver coach (2010-11) and also went with Schiano to Tampa Bay. A dogged recruiter, Fleck already has done a lot of heavy lifting in getting the Gophers cranked up. In addition, Minnesota is in the much, much more favorable side of the Big Ten as a member of the West Division. While his buyout isn’t huge, it seems like a long shot that he’d be tempted by Rutgers."

https://theathletic.com/1251753/2019/09/29/rutgers-scarlet-knights-head-coaching-candidates/

The timing of a Fleck change after this year would seem really odd.
Also, going to Rutgers to face MSU, PSU, OSU, and Michigan would seem like a really odd move.
Also, from a family standpoint, doubt Heather would want to move to Jersey.

There are other schools I'd find as way more likely choices.

Top Bottom