Rutgers game looking easier each week

btowngopher

Reaction score
Their starting QB and RB, Sitkowski and Blackshear are now wanting to redshirt and sat out against Maryland.

Rutgers is the worst P5 team and it ain’t close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their starting QB and RB, Sitkowski and Blackshear are now wanting to redshirt and sat out against Maryland.

Look for both to transfer. What a dumpster fire Rutgers is. It's going to be ugly for whomever takes that job.

If their interm coach was hoping to get the job and keep these two in the program....he probably shouldn't have said this (below). Not that I don't agree with him. I like the four game redshirt rule....but I am not a fan of players deciding to request redshirts after four games because their teams are crap. Players from Kansas and Houston too? This could become a disturbing practice in college football if this becomes a trend.

To remain eligible to redshirt, quarterback Art Sitkowski and running back Raheem Blackshear asked Rutgers interim coach Nunzio Campanile to not play against Maryland on Saturday. By not playing a fifth game, the two can take advantage of an NCAA rule implemented last year that allows players to compete in four games while still being able to preserve a year of eligibility.

"Am I disappointed by it? Incredibly. Do I understand it? I guess so. I guess that's the way the world is now," Campanile said after Rutgers lost 48-7. "I think that this is a game about your team, you know, and it's about sacrificing personal accomplishment for the success of the team. But that's the world they live in, and they have got a lot of people telling them, you know, 'Worry about you, worry about you.' I get it."

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-sitkowski-rb-raheem-blackshear-plan-redshirt

Just a reminder, Sitkowski is who Annexstad battled with for the starting job at IMG.

Wierd that Sitkowski wants to sit out but I guess he must have plans to transfer down a level or two and wants to have 3 years left. I would think he’d have wanted to continue to play and prove he’s capable but I don’t claim to understand the situation.

Blackshear is a real loss.

Wierd that Sitkowski wants to sit out but I guess he must have plans to transfer down a level or two and wants to have 3 years left. I would think he’d have wanted to continue to play and prove he’s capable but I don’t claim to understand the situation.

Blackshear is a real loss.

The papers in Jersey seem to think he'll transfer UP a level. I know, I thought it was crazy too. He has a career 5:20 TD to INT ratio.

Maybe his best bet is to walk-on at a school with a great QB coach (Oklahoma?)

The papers in Jersey seem to think he'll transfer UP a level. I know, I thought it was crazy too. He has a career 5:20 TD to INT ratio.

Nebraska likes gunslingers with questionable judgement

This seems like the classic case of teams chasing measurables. Thinking they can make it work. He wasn’t even the starter on his HS team. It does seem crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean transfer up a level? I don't believe you can transfer to the NFL as far as I know.

Top Bottom