Running Back

loki

Reaction score
We need a 4 star running back. who is it going to be? Part of the reason we were mediocre this past year is our feeble running attack. Where is our smash mouth running back who can sweep or take it up the middle for 3-4 and a cloud of fake grass.

we have one in Lamonte Edwards . we also have a down hill runner in kirkwood. both are alot more powerful than anything that we currently have

My guess is either Ethan Grant or Josh Huff decommits from TCU just prior to signing day.

Edwards will be a LB, i'm almost certain of that.

I think our most critical need is RB and if we don't replace a 4 star guy like Huff I'd rather see Edwards at RB.

Any possibility of converting Marqueis Gray to RB, if he doesn't win the starting QB job?

Any possibility of converting Marqueis Gray to RB, if he doesn't win the starting QB job?

Not really, he doesn't really look like a RB at 6'4 and I couldn't see him being a 20 carry guy. I still strongly believe he will always be a QB but if he moves anywhere I think it is WR.
________
Vapir Oxygen

we have our answer to RB next year when Hasan Lipscomb is eligible. I like him better than Huff or Ethan Grant and he truly wants to be a Golden Gopher and is working for that goal.

we have our answer to RB next year when Hasan Lipscomb is eligible. I like him better than Huff or Ethan Grant and he truly wants to be a Golden Gopher and is working for that goal.

This is where I am at as well. Really aren't interested in either Grant or Huff. Those ships have sailed. It seems Lipscomb has basically wanted to be a Gopher since the Fall of 2008 and has every intention of still coming to Minnesota. And if that's what transpires, he'll be your four-star running back, to go along with our four-star running back/linebacker Lamonte Edwards, our four-star offensive tackle Jimmy Gjere and our newest four-star, wide receiver James Green. :)

A running back in '11?

This is where I am at as well. Really aren't interested in either Grant or Huff. Those ships have sailed. It seems Lipscomb has basically wanted to be a Gopher since the Fall of 2008 and has every intention of still coming to Minnesota. And if that's what transpires, he'll be your four-star running back, to go along with our four-star running back/linebacker Lamonte Edwards, our four-star offensive tackle Jimmy Gjere and our newest four-star, wide receiver James Green. :)

That certainly won't be any solace to Brewster if he doesn't survive next year! Brewster has waited waaaayy too long to land a high quality running back and I fear Lipscomb will be too little to late given the way the water is heating up around Brew, and the tougher yet schedule that is 2010

Where did all this talk about Lipscomb being here next year start? It was my understanding he would be here in 2011?

What exactly does he have to do or what has to happen for him to be here next year?

Top Bottom