Rose Bowl

gophmeister

Reaction score
I'm going to LA soon and I was wondering if there's a tour of the Rose Bowl?

If you do

thats about the only way a gopher fan can get there. I was there once but they were remodeling and doing construction and could only see if from the outside. Pasadena is a very beautiful city. There actually is a Pasadena.

Actually, there might be some turf from the Rose Bowl somewhere in storage at the Bierman Building. Almost as good as being there!

On the other hand, have a great visit to California!

actually I took my own tour. They had some flea market in the parking lot walked into the stadium jumped a fence in the tunnel where the players enter and walked onto the field, it was pretty sweet.

actually I took my own tour. They had some flea market in the parking lot walked into the stadium jumped a fence in the tunnel where the players enter and walked onto the field, it was pretty sweet.
I did something very similar about 10 years ago. Rose Bowl Security is terrible.

Been there for a game and the setting is unbelievable, take the tour or hop the fence if you can

Let's all go

I have been there on a few occasions to watch games. The Vikings vs Raiders Super Bowl was one.
It's cool, it's awesome, it has mystique and tradition. But the seats are a long ways from the field.
And it's gotta be crusty after all this time unless they have renovated.

If we ever get there on New Years Day I am going!

Do not miss a visit to the Rose Bowl. The stadium itself is impressive from a historical viewpoint and of course its size. The infrastructure of that stadium needs a lot of work, it is remindful of old Memorial here inside and out although Memorial was much smaller and was open ended. I actually went to the Rose Bowl game this past January 1, as my son graduated recently from UW and I agreed to go with him to the game. I hung out with a lot of Badger folk, drank a lot of beer and generally had a blast, but I refused to wear anything red. Funny, I drew more attention to myself by not wearing anything red or purple as I was constantly asked who I was pulling for and I wound up spending a fair amount of time with some guys from Penn State who claim to go to the Rose Bowl every year and who were there to pull for the Big Ten and enjoy the festivities like myself.

I would be surprised if you can still hop the fence there -- they have some incredibly high fences around it now. I have not been all the way around it but I'm talking 15 feet high of wrought iron, not chain link.

There is a lot of green space/golf course/swimming complex/park all around the Rose Bowl. A lot of people come down there to just exercise and hang out. You can certainly spend some time exploring the area right down there. The neighborhoods above the Rose Bowl (to the east) are gorgeous and worth exploring as well.

Make sure you visit Old Town in Pasadena as well -- along Colorado Ave right near the bridge over the Arroyo.

Top Bottom