Roscoe Davis--JUCCO Candidate

millions2spare

Krav-Maga
Reaction score
Sources say the Gophers are in the hunt for Roscoe Davis....JUCCO PF from Miami Dade JC. Should be able to step in and play. I have never seen him play but he is a PF--with Royce potentially leaving he might be a good fit.

Scout lists his offers as Florida, K-State, Pitt and West Virginia.

It would be interesting to see how Trevor's experience would impact Roscoe's decision one way or another, as both play/played at Miami Dade.

Go Gophers!!

HEY TIG...White Expected to play, as i said.....the reason he is leaving (lets hope Trent t can talk him out of it) is due to frustration, etc..all the way around........maybe you have not read the royce white posts today? With the glasses you are wearing you probably think the Gophers actually made it a game yesterday with the junk ball in the last 5 minutes....you are happy and content with mediocrity...I for one desire this team to WIN basketball games and expect more than most people on this board. The Final four is a blast!!...and I am not talking about the NIT...

I hope this kid can play

Sorry Millions, but they have little chance at Roscoe Davis. It sounds as though W Virginia has a lock on him because it is closer to home. It would be a coup for Tubby to come in and get Roscoe, as he would be a perfect fit here and could likely be able to step in and play right away. We need that power forward that Roscoe would offer. Apparently he needs to work on his jump shot from the outside. With Whites scholarship likely opening up, it might make sense that he is now on our radar.

Gopher Warrior made a mistake. I wonder if he'll correct himself like he loves to correct others.

Are these the same sources who told you on Friday that Royce would play against Ohio State yesterday? Did they know he hadn't practiced all of last week?

"It was communicated to him that I wasn't going to be at practice this week until this whole thing was cleared up," White said.

I read it as he wouldn't be at practice this week. Was he not at practice last week either?

Roscoe Jenkins has the wettest jump shot I've ever seen...

Roscoe DAVIS... ugh.

I think he might be classified as a 2011 by now.. he committed to WVU a couple of years ago but was a non-qualifier... and more recently was an Oklahoma State lean.

I think he started this year off at Midland (TX)... before taking off once again.

Good player, not a bright kid. But, again, I'm 95% sure he's a 2011 now.

GW

Roscoe DAVIS... ugh.

I think he might be classified as a 2011 by now.. he committed to WVU a couple of years ago but was a non-qualifier... and more recently was an Oklahoma State lean.

I think he started this year off at Midland (TX)... before taking off once again.

Good player, not a bright kid. But, again, I'm 95% sure he's a 2011 now.

GW,

off topic. I sent you a pm.

:)

Sources say the Gophers are in the hunt for Roscoe Davis....JUCCO PF from Miami Dade JC. Should be able to step in and play. I have never seen him play but he is a PF--with Royce potentially leaving he might be a good fit.

and . . .

Sorry Millions, but they have little chance at Roscoe Davis. It sounds as though W Virginia has a lock on him because it is closer to home. It would be a coup for Tubby to come in and get Roscoe, as he would be a perfect fit here and could likely be able to step in and play right away. We need that power forward that Roscoe would offer. Apparently he needs to work on his jump shot from the outside. With Whites scholarship likely opening up, it might make sense that he is now on our radar.

From a West Virginia site, posted back in October:

PF Roscoe Davis (6-10, 220), Midland Junior College (TX): Davis, a Maryland native, was originally a member of the WVU Class of 2008 but didn't qualify after that season at Hargrave Military Academy. He spent some time at Charis Prep (N.C.) and Laurinburg Prep (N.C.) last year before moving on to Miami-Dade Junior College, where he stayed briefly before heading to Midland. WVU is no longer recruiting Davis, who's been hearing from Oklahoma STate and Western Kentucky. "That's pretty much over," he told EerSports.com

Davis played two games back in November, has made no other appearances, and is no longer listed on Midland's roster.

It seems like neither of you have any idea what you're talking about. Coincidence?

I see Davis is listed as 6'-10", 205 lbs. Is this the size forward we should be looking for? He doesn't look thin in his picture. But. he sure reads skinny.

minnesota is trying to stay away from juco's right now and definately wouldn't touch a kid with that baggage.

with Whites scholorship potentially open, I would think JUCO's might be our only option....

minnesota is trying to stay away from juco's right now and definately wouldn't touch a kid with that baggage.

How do you expect to stay away from Jucos when in order for Tubby to get to 20 wins and an NCAA tourney team we will have to go Juco. The talent we have left on this current team is not NCAA tourney talent, at least at this point. We are 15-20 win teams likely NIT perennials.

Trey Zeigler is likely a higher candidate on the gophers radar now that the White scholarship opened up.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/basketball/recruiting/player-Trey-Zeigler-54919

No.

We were involved at one point, but the interest (from him) isn't there. Michigan State is hot after him... Michigan and Duke are possibilities as well. Minnesota is not. ASU, Arizona, PC, maybe... but not Minnesota.

I don't know that 'the White scholarship opened up', but that's not relevant -- there is an open slot even before White (and/or Mbakwe, Nolen or a host of other situations that could dictate the number of scholarships used next year).

You don't decide on February first that you're going to start paying attention to a solid recruit... just not how things work. Some of you seem to think that you can only have as many offers out there as you do open scholarships for the next year... when the reality is that lots of programs over-sign and figure out how to make things work... recruiting is 24/7. You don't hop on Zeigler just because you think Royce White is really going to leave this time.

But, anyway, Zeigler isn't an option for Minnesota.

I've got a solution guys. What we need to do is track down those Moronians from Space Jam, and use their powers to suck the talent out of Royce White and put it into Colton Iverson.

No.

We were involved at one point, but the interest (from him) isn't there. Michigan State is hot after him... Michigan and Duke are possibilities as well. Minnesota is not. ASU, Arizona, PC, maybe... but not Minnesota.

I don't know that 'the White scholarship opened up', but that's not relevant -- there is an open slot even before White (and/or Mbakwe, Nolen or a host of other situations that could dictate the number of scholarships used next year).

You don't decide on February first that you're going to start paying attention to a solid recruit... just not how things work. Some of you seem to think that you can only have as many offers out there as you do open scholarships for the next year... when the reality is that lots of programs over-sign and figure out how to make things work... recruiting is 24/7. You don't hop on Zeigler just because you think Royce White is really going to leave this time.

But, anyway, Zeigler isn't an option for Minnesota.

Thanks for the update and I am sorry Zeigler is not available. My info said MN was one of his candidates. Apparently my info must have been old. Where did you find out your information?

Top Bottom