Road Warriors - 11-4 in last 15 Road or Neutral Site Games

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Winning on the road is supposed to be hard....but Fleck's teams don't seem to have that problem. Since 2019 we have played 15 road or neutral site games, 14 of those 15 have come against Power 5 teams (Fresno State being the lone exception). That is a really impressive run of success on the road over the past 3 seasons.

And in regards to the losses....

2019 - Iowa - by 4
2020 - Maryland - by 1 in OT
2020 - Wisconsin - by 3 in OT
2021 - Iowa - by 5

I know some of those wins came against mediocre to bad Big Ten teams, but no matter what, it is impressive to have that kind of success on the road against Power 5 teams. Without going through all the other teams schedules over the past few years I would bet there are very few Big Ten teams that can match that level of success on the road.

Winning on the road is supposed to be hard....but Fleck's teams don't seem to have that problem. Since 2019 we have played 15 road or neutral site games, 14 of those 15 have come against Power 5 teams (Fresno State being the lone exception). That is a really impressive run of success on the road over the past 3 seasons.

And in regards to the losses....

2019 - Iowa - by 4
2020 - Maryland - by 1 in OT
2020 - Wisconsin - by 3 in OT
2021 - Iowa - by 5

I know some of those wins came against mediocre to bad Big Ten teams, but no matter what, it is impressive to have that kind of success on the road against Power 5 teams. Without going through all the other teams schedules over the past few years I would bet there are very few Big Ten teams that can match that level of success on the road.
More positivity - the light always vanquishes the darkness.

More positivity - the light always vanquishes the darkness.
It is an impressive accomplishment. Unfortunately we have dropped some home games in that same stretch that we would all like back. Maybe we need to start wearing white jerseys at home games to try and trick the players into thinking they are on the road. Or we could go back to the Metrodome days where there were plenty of home games that felt like road games due to the number of opposing fans in the stands.

Dating back to Nov 24, 2018 the team is 13-4 away from home

16 of the 17 games are against power 5 opponents

I hope a several pipes burst this week and it forces us out of the Bank.

Given the surprising road record versus the home disappointments, who has an explanation for this?

So I real quick went through seasons all the way back to 1990 and 5 road games is actually a very common number, 6 if you count neutral sites. I didn't look at who we played those years just our record on the road and the results aren't too surprising but really reinforce how good we have been of late on the road.

The only years from 1990 to 2021 where we have a record above .500 in road or neutral site games are (and honestly if I had to guess the years these are the ones I would have guessed):
2021 - 4-1 (still one or two neutral site to play)
2019 - 5-1
2003 - 5-1
1999 - 4-1

If we want to put .500 seasons on the road/neutral site then the list grows some
2020 - 2-2 road
2016 - 2-3 road, 1-0 neutral
2015 - 2-3 road, 1-0 neutral
2013 - 3-2 road, 0-1 neutral
2008 - 3-2 road, 0-1 neutral
2005 - 3-2 road, 0-1 neutral
2002 - 2-3 road, 1-0 neutral

So .... why not treat the game this week, like a road game???

Friday late morning (or whatever), do your walkthrough in the stadium ..... then get on a bus and drive the men down to Rochester. Northfield. Who cares, whatever.

Have meetings, meals, sleep overnight in the hotel.

Isn't it worth a shot?

So .... why not treat the game this week, like a road game???

Friday late morning (or whatever), do your walkthrough in the stadium ..... then get on a bus and drive the men down to Rochester. Northfield. Who cares, whatever.

Have meetings, meals, sleep overnight in the hotel.

Isn't it worth a shot?
They already spend the night before the game in a hotel.....Guess maybe we could try driving around in the bus more or getting on a plane but somehow doubt that is going to work. :)

Top Bottom