Rivals via AI: Jah Joyner breakout candidate

Minnesota Golden Gophers have a potential breakout candidate on their defensive line in defensive end Jah Joyner. After seeing limited playing time in his first two seasons, Joyner had a solid season in 2022 as a sophomore, recording 15 tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss, and 1.5 sacks. Despite his impressive performance, there is still room for improvement, particularly in terms of pressuring the quarterback. With his size, strength, explosion, and athleticism, Joyner has the potential to become one of the top pass rushers in the Big Ten. He is expected to be a starting defensive end for the Gophers this upcoming season and has the potential to break out even further. In addition to his on-field success, there is the possibility of Joyner being selected in the NFL Draft next spring. Fans of the Minnesota Golden Gophers should keep an eye on Joyner as he looks to make a big impact on the team’s defense.

Go Gophers!!

People understand that AI isn't like "smart" or have any opinions right? It's just choosing the next best work based on what it's found on the internet. So it found stuff from people saying he's a breakout and wrote this, it's meaningless......Now having said that...he's my breakout pick.

People understand that AI isn't like "smart" or have any opinions right? It's just choosing the next best work based on what it's found on the internet. So it found stuff from people saying he's a breakout and wrote this, it's meaningless......Now having said that...he's my breakout pick.
Dang, I was certain that since AI wrote this it meant Joyner was guaranteed for 15 sacks this year. Thanks for correcting my thinking.

Dang, I was certain that since AI wrote this it meant Joyner was guaranteed for 15 sacks this year. Thanks for correcting my thinking.
People do legitimately believe AI is smart, just because you're aware doesn't mean everyone is.

I mean, that's sort of how most humans are smart.

We really need someone on the D-line to break out this year. I think it's Jah or Anthony Smith.

We've had some dudes on the D-line previously, like Mafe and Coughlin, but last year was especially bad. I've got high hopes for Coach Winston.
It's pretty surprising how good our defense was with such limited pass rush. Our LBers weren't really great at "getting home" on blitzes either.

Striggow is also a guy that looked close a lot last year and was pretty effective, if he can jump from 3.5 sacks to 5-7, that's a massive help.

We've had some dudes on the D-line previously, like Mafe and Coughlin, but last year was especially bad. I've got high hopes for Coach Winston.
We gripe quite a bit about the pass rush, but let’s keep in mind the run defense was very solid.

We gripe quite a bit about the pass rush, but let’s keep in mind the run defense was very solid.
The entire defense is solid. Seems like there will be a lot more passing in the league this year, so we're gonna need to get after the qb.

Jah Joyner has those long arms that can snatch opponents normally out of range.

Anthony Smith is quiet but can be deadly.

Top Bottom