Rittenberg's Take on Divisions

Good points about MN and Wisconsin being Great Lakes States so what do we call the divisions?

Some of the pundits have suggested names like the Paterno division and the Hayes division, or similar names. Utterly unacceptable. How about the Williams and Yost divisions, after the legendary Gophers coach amd the legendary Wolverines coach?

Or we could just call it east and west and be done with it.

Some of the pundits have suggested names like the Paterno division and the Hayes division, or similar names. Utterly unacceptable. How about the Williams and Yost divisions, after the legendary Gophers coach amd the legendary Wolverines coach?

Or we could just call it east and west and be done with it.

Legendary coaches shouldn't be part of it. Its too school specific. Its lame, but East and West would be the easiest and most accurate given the particular split we're talking about.

Legendary coaches shouldn't be part of it. Its too school specific. Its lame, but East and West would be the easiest and most accurate given the particular split we're talking about.

Oh, I agree. But if it were to be, then it had better be a legendary Gophers coach, or no deal. Now, every schools is going to have the same idea, so I think every school would veto the idea.

I don't think East and West are lame, they are standard names. Much better than Coastal or Atlantic divisions.

How about the Maroon division and the Gold Division? Or the Big Division and the Ten Division? Coke division and Pepsi division, sell the naming rights?

I don't think East and West are lame, they are standard names. Much better than Coastal or Atlantic divisions.

It does make branding the divisions much easier, especially if the run the split at the Illinois/Indiana border. People would be able to name the teams in each division without thinking twice about it.

They will be named "East" and "Central" after their respective Time Zones.

I made no such mistake. The Great Plains states consists of the following states: Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming.

Unless you meant to refer to someone else mistaking prairie for plains?
Sorry; Loki is the guilty party. Mia culpa.

The SEC division
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Iowa

The MAC division
Michigan State
Minnesota
Purdue
Illinois
Northwestern
Indiana

They will be named "East" and "Central" after their respective Time Zones.

I kind of like the thought of Michigan ending up in the East Division since their fight song declares them the "Champions of the West".

Top Bottom