Riley Dearring for 2014?

gray4heisman

Reaction score
What are our chances of landing a player with the potential like Dearring? Gophers have had a little history with losing top in-state recruites in the past...could we get this one?

What are our chances of landing a player with the potential like Dearring? Gophers have had a little history with losing top in-state recruites in the past...could we get this one?

Read the GH article. He says he hopes to play at Minnesota. To wit:

GH: As far as the U goes, what kind of interest would you have there and have you talked to Tubby?

Dearing: I’ve talked to Tubby a lot. My friend is Brendon Taylor, Coach Taylor’s son. Hopefully we can both play at the U one day.

Yea i was reading that and the first thing that came to mind was Isaiah Dahlman (even though he hasn't turned out much) but he was a big recruit at the time and we thought we had him but we lost him to michigan state...i just hope we can get someone like dearring who is getting this much hype as a 9th grader..

Yea i was reading that and the first thing that came to mind was Isaiah Dahlman (even though he hasn't turned out much) but he was a big recruit at the time and we thought we had him but we lost him to michigan state...i just hope we can get someone like dearring who is getting this much hype as a 9th grader..

If you read it, then I suggest you comprehend what he said. He hopes to play at The U someday.

g4h just had to start a new thread, IMO he was too lazy to read the interview by GH, even tho he said he read it, as it was pretty self-explanatory.

If you read it, then I suggest you comprehend what he said. He hopes to play at The U someday.

He's two years old. Answering a grown up that is asking him if he is interesteded in Minnesota and him replying that he thinks it would be cool if he and his buddy played together at the U doesn't necessarily mean much. If you think his response 'seals the deal', I would disagree. Kids say the darnedest things.

Riley is not a sure thing and may not even end up being the state's top recruit that year

He's two years old. Answering a grown up that is asking him if he is interesteded in Minnesota and him replying that he thinks it would be cool if he and his buddy played together at the U doesn't necessarily mean much. If you think his response 'seals the deal', I would disagree. Kids say the darnedest things.

I never said anything like that. I SAID that HE SAID he hopes to play at The U someday.

Riley is not a sure thing and may not even end up being the state's top recruit that year

Concur. He's not the best freshman in the state currently. It's no lock that he will turn into the best player in his class. It's possible, but it's also possible for about 20 other kids. We'll see.

The hype for Dearing is too much, too soon.

It's a moot point anyways, as we all know the world will not be here after 2012.

Top Bottom