Rick Pitino suggests Salary Cap ($2m) and 2-year binding contracts w/ Players

This guy is nuts

As I said in the other pitino thread. He came to SJU and booted everyone but Soriano.

This guy is nuts

As I said in the other pitino thread. He came to SJU and booted everyone but Soriano.
Just playing within the rules as they currently are. Doesn't mean his ideas to change the system are wrong.

Just like people who use the tax code to their advantage but think those deductions should be stripped from the tax code. And don't tell me, "well, just pay more taxes out of your pocket".

Rick, like every coach, is paid to win within the system they are in. I think he, like most coaches, find the current situation untenable.

On its face, I like the idea. Would you like it more if Ben or Chris Collins came up with it?

Just playing within the rules as they currently are. Doesn't mean his ideas to change the system are wrong.

Just like people who use the tax code to their advantage but think those deductions should be stripped from the tax code. And don't tell me, "well, just pay more taxes out of your pocket".

Rick, like every coach, is paid to win within the system they are in. I think he, like most coaches, find the current situation untenable.

On its face, I like the idea. Would you like it more if Ben or Chris Collins came up with it?

Nah, whether they are right or wrong there are certain people that are more suited for it. Again, he flat out told an entire roster he didnt want them. Most of those kids are doing better elsewhere while SJU is hoping to make the tourney.

Hes the wrong guy to bring it up. Similar to Anthony Rendon calling MLB season too long.

Im not saying Pitino or Rendon are wrong on their stances, they are just front of the line for irony

Why would players agree to such a low salary cap?

Top Bottom