Reusse: Gophers men's basketball showing some teeth in third season under Ben Johnson

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Pat:

An opinion offered at mid-week was this: You have hopes to move up to the mid-pack of the Big Ten. You're trying to put the lie to preseason forecasts (Gophers: 14th). You're on the road to play a struggling conference team. You must win to prove this is different, to prove Johnson and his staff have put together a fairly deep team ready to go from Year Zero to being competitive in Year 3.

Final: Gophers 73, Michigan 71.

Perhaps it is safe for your long-term vision to watch the Gophers again.

Maryland, Sunday at 4:30 p.m. at the Barn. The Vikings' season should be well over by then, so go ahead and take a look.

Go Gophers!!

I don’t do the football message board, but I have not read a peep anywhere about PJ’s decision making in the Lube Your Car Bowl, after the failed 2 point conversion early in the game to not go for 2 again. He was continuously up by 6 after kicking extra points. Failing another 2 pointer would have left him up 5, which makes no difference. Would have losing be an extra point dropped him below BJ in fan estimation? Asking for a friend!

Column is accurate. Dare I say it does contain some excuses for cbj.

From Patrick.

This one was fair. Nothing against Fleck (I'm still glad he's here) but he didn't have the same challenges as Johnson when he began.

Oh please. What scandal did Ben walk into? None.

Plus Ben needs to recruit a tiny fraction of the players to be competitive compared to PJ. Yet PJ recruited better in his first 3 weeks on the job than Ben has recruited over 3 years.

Oh please. What scandal did Ben walk into? None.

Plus Ben needs to recruit a tiny fraction of the players to be competitive compared to PJ. Yet PJ recruited better in his first 3 weeks on the job than Ben has recruited over 3 years.
Well said!

Top Bottom