Reusse Column

The 12th Man

Reaction score
Pretty good column. I agree (maybe for the first time ever) with his sentiments. The program can be successful and can be relevant on a national level.

Reusse does a lot of bashing, so it makes me feel good to hear that he still believes in the ability of the program to turn things around. Like it or not, his opinion goes a long way in shaping the beliefs of those in the TC area.

Just heard something interesting on the radio. Reusse said that the final straw that lead to Brewster's dismissal was his comments about the 2-point conversion following the game. Really? That was it? I'd think the result of the game would be a bigger concern.

I have a hard time buying the 2-point conversion as the last straw. Lame if it was. Brewster has a right to be p.o.'d if he's p.o.'d. I would think that the fact Bielema punked him was probably a message to the administration that Brewster was a walking target would have had as much to do with it. It's one thing to lose, another to get kicked and if opponents were going to kick the team, it's time for the head man to go.

Top Bottom