Reusse and Judd have podcast about GopherHole!

Iā€™ve been saying the same thing as long as Iā€™ve been on GH. Reusseā€™s job is to get people talking about and clicking on his articles. If he ever needs a ā€œboostā€ he just rips on the Gophers and the GHers give him exactly what he wants. Like it or not, Gopher football fans are incredibly sensitive and Pat knows how to exploit it.
I would say itā€™s more him playing to the group of MN fans that prefer to rip on teams and alway be doom & gloom. That way they canā€™t be devastated, pissed off, disappointed, etc. He knows thereā€™s a large portion of the population that savors the misery. The Gophers donā€™t have the following the Vikings and Twins do so theyā€™re an easy target for him.

I donā€™t think this fan base is anymore sensitive than most fan bases.

This is why old people shouldn't be on social media.

Only Fat Pat would mock PJ for the "wanted me fired" comment while complaining on a podcast about criticisms from a message board. Hey fat lazy pot, meet kettle.
Get his hook out of your mouth.

I would say itā€™s more him playing to the group of MN fans that prefer to rip on teams and alway be doom & gloom. That way they canā€™t be devastated, pissed off, disappointed, etc. He knows thereā€™s a large portion of the population that savors the misery. The Gophers donā€™t have the following the Vikings and Twins do so theyā€™re an easy target for him.

I donā€™t think this fan base is anymore sensitive than most fan bases.
Nah - it isnā€™t the ā€œdoom and gloomā€ fans that get all worked up about Pat on here every single time he posts another negative Gopher story. Rinse. Repeat.

Last edited:

Reusse has always been a hack and with a face for radio and a voice for producing, beats me how he is relevant still. Minnesota lacking sports talent on the journalism side? He is PP correct?

Nah - it isnā€™t the ā€œdoom and gloomā€ fans that get all worked up about Pat on here every single time he posts another negative Gopher story. Rinse. Repeat.
No but those are they people heā€™s playing to. Without them somehow enjoying an old man trolling, it would be pointless for him to do it.

And really the amount of people getting ā€œworked upā€ is greatly exaggerated.

Keep it up folks Patrick rules the day with your posts.

No but those are they people heā€™s playing to. Without them somehow enjoying an old man trolling, it would be pointless for him to do it.
You think people enjoying it is his point? Really? Pat doesnā€™t care if people enjoy it. How does that matter? His only goal is people talking about it and driving clicks on his stories. His job is the point.

You think people enjoying it is his point? Really? Pat doesnā€™t care if people enjoy it. How does that matter? His only goal is people talking about it and driving clicks on his stories. His job is the point.

Correct. To use one of his favorite words, Reusse loves to "agitate" people. He has made a long and successful career out of it. Every GopherHole thread about Reusse (and there are too many to count) is filled with agitated Gopher fans who never miss an opportunity to rip him about what he looks like, and what he says &, writes. He reads every post in every thread. If the haters thought about it for even a moment they would realize these threads give him exactly what he wants. If they were always filled with praise and compliments for his work Reusse wouldn't even bother to read them.

Last edited:

What I'm saying is most of his clicks are still coming from people that agree with what he's saying. Generally people will click on things they think they'll enjoy. I don't think pissed off Gopher fans are driving up his clicks or listens. People that agree with him are.

What I'm saying is most of his clicks are still coming from people that agree with what he's saying. Generally people will click on things they think they'll enjoy. I don't think pissed off Gopher fans are driving up his clicks or listens. People that agree with him are.
Agree. He's only winning if he's getting clicks and readers. I don't think the people here that can't stand him are clicking on his podcast all of a sudden. It's the people that love to hear his negativity and they are already probably clicking his stuff.

Agree. He's only winning if he's getting clicks and readers. I don't think the people here that can't stand him are clicking on his podcast all of a sudden. It's the people that love to hear his negativity and they are already probably clicking his stuff.
I don't love Ruesse. I hardly think of him. I would have had no idea that this podcast existed if it wasn't posted here. I clicked on it šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.

I know this is a message board, and the normal "polite" rules of discourse do not apply.

but, I wonder if anyone on this board would walk up to an overweight person in real life and call them "fat?"

the point is - when Gopher Hole posters react with anger and name-calling, you are proving Reusse's point, that Gopher fans are thin-skinned and over-react.

when you respond like that, he "wins."

act like adults, you'll get an adult response. act like children, and you'll get a childish response.

I don't love Ruesse. I hardly think of him. I would have had no idea that this podcast existed if it wasn't posted here. I clicked on it šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.

Yup. I had no idea there was a podcast until this thread. It's not my cup of tea, but I'm sure Reusse's trolling was successful in generating a few more listeners to the podcast including a brief sample by me.

I know this is a message board, and the normal "polite" rules of discourse do not apply.

but, I wonder if anyone on this board would walk up to an overweight person in real life and call them "fat?"

the point is - when Gopher Hole posters react with anger and name-calling, you are proving Reusse's point, that Gopher fans are thin-skinned and over-react.

act like adults, you'll get an adult response. act like children, and you'll get a childish response.

Well, when Reusse admits to resorting to "blatant slander" against Gopher fans (his words, not mine), you gotta expect some personal attacks back. He loves it.

I don't give a shit about Reusse, and he don't give a shit about any of us.

He can mock us, so we can mock him.

All is fair in.................................

Top Bottom